The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota gtlm 19"

neilp9876

I've been looking for some new wheels for the supe. I know 19" aren't the best for handling but I have a spare set of 17s for trackdays if I do another one.

So for normal day to day use I like the look of the rota gtlm (19 is the only size available I believe).

After a search there are quite a few people who had these back in 08 so I was wondering what people thought of them, do they last well etc?

If they're good where is the best place to get them from (ie cheapest)

Cheers

I used to have the GTLM's. DarronQ has them now on his red supe. They're a very pretty wheel, but they suffered with laquer peel on the lips around the split rim bolts so I changed them under warranty. I hardly used the car too, it was cleaned more than it was driven, but they still rotted.

I changed them for some Linea Corse Dynas from the states,

I used to have the GTLM's. DarronQ has them now on his red supe. They're a very pretty wheel, but they suffered with laquer peel on the lips around the split rim bolts so I changed them under warranty. I hardly used the car too, it was cleaned more than it was driven, but they still rotted.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/IMG_0093.jpg

I changed them for some Linea Corse Dynas from the states,

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/DSC_0194.jpg

Unfortunately all the BBS LM replica wheels suffer from lacquer peel and inferior quality. But for the price of a refurb in something decent make them miles cheaper still.

Wanted to buy a set of these. Rang Driftworks and they are out of stock and they don't know when they will get the next lot. According to them they are in great demand.

Lovely rims.

Mmmm, did a bit more googling today band the gtlm doesn't look like it's available anymore.

Might have to look at the torque drifts or save my money for next year!