The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight test fit.

marcAB10

Well, got a set of refurbed pre-facelift headlights super cheap as they are a little melted from the oven but only on the underside of one, basically, before splashing out on the £500 (or whatever) for brand new facelift headlights i wanted to see what they'd basically look like.

here's the car before with it's UK spec glass lights-

attachment.php?attachmentid=122635&d=1289068513

attachment.php?attachmentid=122627&d=1289068496

and here's with the refurbed pre-facelifts-

attachment.php?attachmentid=122629&d=1289068501

attachment.php?attachmentid=122634&d=1289068509

attachment.php?attachmentid=122631&d=1289068504

attachment.php?attachmentid=122626&d=1289068493

so do you think they look better? worth splashing out on proper facelifts? it's basically because it's a black car that i can't quite make my mind up, any other colour i'm pro facelift. ;)

(also, i know a few may say just to keep these but i am a mega perfectionist and if it's the dark inserts i'm going for then i'd rather buy a brand new set of facelifts as even a tiny bit of yellow lense like these have will annoy me) :)

comments welcome. :)

blacklight-6.JPG

normallight-2.JPG

blacklight-2.JPG

blacklight-4.JPG

blacklight-3.JPG

normallight-1.JPG

Guest blueangel

why not send me the glass lights and ill facelift them , then you get the black inserts with lenses that wont yellow check out supraaudi's lights.

but is it worth forking out loads for only a small improvement?

yes. :D

the lense doesn't have as much 'lines' on the facelift, i like the fact it's not black inside, it's like a dark gunmetal colour and obviously the 3 chrome rings. It's whats in the detail that counts for me. :)

I was just looking through your garage...your supra is an absolute stunner mate, love the whole look of it - really really nice :) what wheels have you got on there btw?

As for the headlights...im thinking facelift looks better, but why not stick to the glass ones and paint the insides black? best of both worlds...darn things wont ever go yellow!

---Edit--- I know what you mean about the lines, but if it was me id try paint the inserts....wouldnt want to fork out that much for facelifts. If you can afford it though, go for it mate :)

Edited by SupraP-Z (see edit history)

Facelift's without a doubt amigo, and a set of brand new one's would take what's already a stunner up another notch, so in your case it's well worth the price tag of new ones. Saying that, I think it's worth taking a punt on blueangel's offer as facelifted glass will be very clear, just they'll still have the extra lines.

I was just looking through your garage...your supra is an absolute stunner mate, love the whole look of it - really really nice :) what wheels have you got on there btw?

As for the headlights...im thinking facelift looks better, but why not stick to the glass ones and paint the insides black? best of both worlds...darn things wont ever go yellow!

---Edit--- I know what you mean about the lines, but if it was me id try paint the inserts....wouldnt want to fork out that much for facelifts. If you can afford it though, go for it mate :)

thanks bud, very much appreciated :) and yeah, i can see why facelifting the glass ones would be good... but it's just i think i would always wish they were just facelift with the 3 rings etc anytime it was parked next to one with facelifts... so i might as well just go straight for the facelifts really.

oh and my wheels are Fuel 5 alloys.. they're only staying till april when my new wheels will be getting ordered ;)

Facelift's without a doubt amigo, and a set of brand new one's would take what's already a stunner up another notch, so in your case it's well worth the price tag of new ones. Saying that, I think it's worth taking a punt on blueangel's offer as facelifted glass will be very clear, just they'll still have the extra lines.

thanking you kindly jim, yeah, i reckon it'll be worth it. :)

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)