The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A little bit of water leaking out........

bobbywarne1983

jus pulled away from my parking space to find a nice puddle underneath it, me n my dad have i dentified the problem i have a leak coming from the the rear water pump core plug...

We have temporarily plugged it with some liquid metal to get me home...

where is best to buy one?? do i go to a dealer for the part or so i go elsewhere?? and how much is it going to set me back am i talking pennies :)

cheers guys

jus pulled away from my parking space to find a nice puddle underneath it, me n my dad have i dentified the problem i have a leak coming from the the rear water pump core plug...

We have temporarily plugged it with some liquid metal to get me home...

where is best to buy one?? do i go to a dealer for the part or so i go elsewhere?? and how much is it going to set me back am i talking pennies :)

cheers guys

I have had this twice now, from memory I think the one you want is 20mm and I found a guy on ebay who sells them. Will have a look through my ebay history to see if I can find it and verify the size. Some think that it is wrong to change only the failed one as all will be aged equally, but i took a couple of others out from other areas and they were mint. Strange how this one always seem to fail and others dont.

Here you are, checked and it was 20mm and this is the one I used.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-HD-Cup-Core-plug-20mm-787-Cadmium-Plate-x1-/150418256279?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2305a07197#ht_297240wt_64979

Edited by Shane
more added (see edit history)