The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Bonnet's ...

3LL

Ok, so im getting ready to send my motor off to the bodyshop, which has got me thinking about a CF bonnet. I have a black car, and im wondering what style bonnet you kind folk would suggest go with the "riddox kit" look.. not to mention your thoughts on carbon and black cars..

Im open to suggestions, links for cheap bonnet's and also peoples thoughts on what will and wont work...

thoughts ppl?? :)

black and carbon can look good if it's just small amounts of carbon, i think a whole bonnet on a black car wouldn't look great, although i've never been a fan of the entire carbon bonnet thing, i always think think that others will just think you can't afford to get your bonnet sprayed lol

black and carbon can look good if it's just small amounts of carbon, i think a whole bonnet on a black car wouldn't look great, although i've never been a fan of the entire carbon bonnet thing, i always think think that others will just think you can't afford to get your bonnet sprayed lol

I agree with that with regards to black cars for sure. Otherwise they look great :)

by far my favorite vented bonnet is the top secret one-

attachment.php?attachmentid=122680&d=1289149139

although if it was me i would get the bonnet sprayed black but leave the 'slats' of the vents carbon, like this -

attachment.php?attachmentid=122681&d=1289149681

but i reckon on a black car it would be really subtle with just a hint of carbon showing.. i was maybe planning on doing this myself.

VIS-Supra-Top-Secret-Hood.jpg

topsecretbonnet.JPG