The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Next Supra Is This Too Cheep?

buster

I have found a n/a auto sz its going for £1100 seem very cheep what sort of money are these going for at the moment?

I have had the n/a manual and loved it to bits so lookin for a new one after i wrote mine off over 2 years ago, Should i be very carfull or is this a average price? its a 1994 L reg with 103k on the clock looks in good con got s/s exhaust apart from that standard,

Your thought please ;)

yer i was thinking that! well best have a very good look over befor i part with ANY cash i would like to thing i have a good head for engines i must say im not to clued up on autos anything i should look out for that diffs from a manual ?

I would have a very good look over any car I was considering buying or take someone who knows what they're looking for, before parting with any cash. It may be a good deal it may be a dog. The advert will only ever tell you so much.

I always thought cat A was the highest then down to D (The lowest)?

yes your right mate

Category A

A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts.

Category B

A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road.

Category C

An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D

A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category F

A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair.

Just because it is priced low doesnt mean its a dog, I have this for sale http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?232368-Cheap-NA and tbh will take bids on it as i want it gone now and can say hand on heart its a sound car. As Barney says, na engines are well cheap just now, I know of another member who just bought a good engine and box from a dealer on here for £120. Also Catc can be drastic but it can also be graded as such just because parts for the vehicle in question are expensive meaning it would be uneconomic to repair, especially the case for our cars.

Imagine a na worth about £2.5 has a light front ender, headlights £500, ac rad £300, bumper/splitter £250, + paint + labour + few little bit and bobs, no insurer is going to bother and will be a catc.