The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre sizes

scorling

I have bought some standard alloys to put on the car while I have the current alloys refurbished.

The rears are marked as 16 8 JJ 50, which I understand to be the standard size, with the tyre size recommended as 245 50ZR 16. Problem is you cannot get a tyre in that size anymore apparently.

Has anyone else got wheels that size and managed to find the recommended tyre (if so from where please?), or if they have fitted a different size tyre, what size is it?

rears are 9JJ fronts Are 8JJ.

Nearly impossible to get a few places had them when I was looking and unfortunately only ones I could get were Federal ss595 which don't get the best reviews. I got them from a local distributor worked ouit at £65 each fitted. Got them from these guys

http://www.cooperbros.co.uk/ ask for Jim Coopers number don't know if they post out though

This place has Hercules all season tyres, (canadian brand) nearly got them but went up by £30 overnight, which would have put them over a £100 just for a few months

http://www.northhantstyres.com/RTS%20final/2455016.htm

These tyres were fitted to older camaros so you may get more info on american car forums