The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone to touch my wheels!!!!.....

Supragaz

AT LAST, I think I have got someone to Refurbish my alloys!:eek:

I read a thread from Supraguy3000 where he recommended a company who painted his:

http://www.alloywheelrepairs.co.uk

Sorry, i mean SUPRASTAR3000!!!

I emailed them and they phoned me not long after and seemed to know what they were talking about and even better still reckoned they have refurbed the same alloys as mine before. The only catch is that they cannot re-polish mine. Mine are highly polished with a deep dish and are basically mirror finished. He said he can re paint mine in high power silver or smoke chrome or even sparkly silver? Has anyone had these finish and had them on a silver supe? I am now in a pickle as wether or not I leave them as they are with a few curb marks and one marked spoke or get them done in a different finish? Any advice please?:(

I phoned Fat Wheels or Phat wheels and they seemed to think they can repair vitually any kind of wheel with the finish you have described...I'm going to try them out soon, so if ya want me to be the Guinipig I will let you know how we get on...mine are Racing Hart CR's which are deep dish an the rears and chrome finish.

BTW if anyone has the number of Fat Wheels can ya post it up coz I seem to of lost their number cheers.

Si

:conf:

Cheers guys but I tried Fat Wheels as well as a load of others that were recommended!! Fat Wheels wouldn't touch mine with a barge pole. They said because they couldn't take mine apart, the machinery they have couldn't get in to do my wheel all over or something. That is why I am still a bit sceptical about this company that say they can sort them and have done so before with the same wheel. Thing is I dont want to completely ruin the wheels!! Wish someone else could get me just one new rim to match mine so I dont have to refurbish them all because it's only my front n/s rim with damage to the spoke.:mad:

I went to FAT Wheels and showed them my wheels (Blitz Z1) after talking to them on the phone about what I wanted. They said they could refurb them no problem but they couldn't do the mirror finish on the dish. I phoned a few other places but no one else would touch split rims so I gave up. Now I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad loosing the mirror finish, they're a sod to keep clean anyway and the surface is easily scratched.

I agree, mine are mirror finish and I would be happy to swap to a different finish (anything except coloured for the dish) but Fat Wheels wouldn't touch mine as they can't take them apart because the two pieces are spun welded together, DOH!:mad:

Anyway mirror are a bugger to keep clean but look better than chrome finish IMO and mine were easily marked when someone rested mine against a curb face down!!!!

:stupid:

Welded together? Why would anyone do that!?!?! :eek:

It's down to personal taste at the end of the day but I think just a polished finish instead of mirror polished would be the best bet. I've never heard of the company so I've no idea what their work is like, only one way to find out really...