The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How accurate is your fuel guage?

Kirk

Just been for a drive out to a friends house and started off at half a tank, i drove at normal speeds until i got caught in a jam. At this point my fuel needle is still on half a tank. Finaly the traffic clears and we start moving again and as soon as i moved the needle moved 2 notches below where it stayed until i got on a 40 road. At this point it began to rise to the half a tank again (wasnt on a hill).

It continued to do this for the rest of the journey and on the way home and now it has stopped again at 2 notches below half. I dont actualy know how much fuel i realy have!

Anyone else's do this?

Ah yes, Fuel Gauge Russian Roulette.

The little orange light tells me to head towards a fuel station. Call me old fashioned.

Although sometimes I may defy the light. I mean just a few more miles wouldn't hurt, right?

Then we get home.

And start all over again the next day...I'll just nip past this garage, after all, there is one on my side of the road...in 6 miles etc.

With mine as soon as it's dropped below half tank it seems to take s nose dive!

When coming back through country roads I went passed a petrol station with just under quarter tank, I didn't realise the next petrol station was half hour away, the needle was touching the "E" by the time I got there :D