The mkiv Supra Owners Club

95 TT for £3800

jonathanc

I've stumbled upon an advert that would mean I can afford to come back to Supra ownership. However previous experience tells me cheaps stuff would mean massive headache in the future.

So I am wondering what you guys think about this car?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2153766.htm

From the pictures it certainly looks really clean. Downside is the mileage I guess? Opinions please?

That is dirt cheap, but you know what they say about buy cheap... buy twice! :D

Mines done 109,000 (well a bit less) and it doesn't miss a heart beat, very smooth idle and still silky smooth!

I am traveling to France this weekend in it, not one worry in the world. :)

That is dirt cheap, but you know what they say about buy cheap... buy twice! :D

Mines done 109,000 (well a bit less) and it doesn't miss a heart beat, very smooth idle and still silky smooth!

I am traveling to France this weekend in it, not one worry in the world. :)

Would love to do something like that when i get my supra! sounds like a right chilling drive! :) Man i getting excited about ownership :))

See how many unfettled toyota engine failures you find ;)

The Supra is VERY highly over-engineered. The engine can take double the power it was designed for etc. The suspension components are all top notch. It's a cracking car. 140k miles is nothing, honestly. I would be a lot more scrutinous over the bushes/suspension than I would be over the engine. As long as it sounds nice, the oil looks good and it doesn't look abused I would be happy to drive it away.

Back wing where it meets the bumper doesn't look right to me.

Always worth a look. It's 3 grand cheaper than most, has leather, decent set of wheels and active spoiler. You could break it for more than that....;)

The mileage would put me off but only from a resale point of view. You could afford to run this to destruction and still get 2K for it at the end.

Worth a look....;)

H.

i own a glanza and that aint bombproof :p soon as i started modding the engine things started to go wrong :(

Lol isnt it a 1.3 or something??

Id say that looks nice, cheap enough and well worth a look. As for mileage theres an Aristo on eBay now with 240k miles on it and still going. Mileage aint an issue on these engines :)

Lol isnt it a 1.3 or something??

Id say that looks nice, cheap enough and well worth a look. As for mileage theres an Aristo on eBay now with 240k miles on it and still going. Mileage aint an issue on these engines :)

Haha yeah its a 1.3 turbo running at a measly 190hp :p Getting sick of it and just want my TT supra now!