The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a supra

DannyM

ah right okay thats cool! yeah i have been browsing through the forums for a few days now trying to knowledge myself up, however i wont be buyia supra until the winter months have passed :p probs not until june time i woulda thought! i better get saving every penny then so i can get myself one :) ill worry about the insurance and petrol costs later :p

Dan

6K will get you into a TT no problem. Abz has his Auto TT going for 5.5K in the for sale section.

Thanks Miguel :thumbs:

I thought the same about auto's and manual's until I drove one! After mine sells and when I am next ready for Supra ownership I am getting another Auto!

just looking at your matey :) looks like a wonderful car! wish i coulda just sell up with the glanza and then magically come across a few thousand then i would just buy yours off you :) but im deffo forcing myself to wait until the winter months have passed :p just wouldnt like to jump into that much power at the rear wheels just as the weather is getting rubbish! especially as it would be used as a dailly...

Dan

Auto's Supra's are brilliant, but if you have future plans of going big power then its best to save up and buy 6speed TT. Waiting for the winter months to pass by is a wise choice and it will give you more time to save up.

Once you have got the money, give Jurgen at JM imports a call and he will import a 6Speed Supra in from Japan to your spec with full translated service history :)

The difference in fuel would be minimal Danny. I have been around this forum for a while and Movistar's car seems to be outstanding. Also Abz car as mentioned looks good.

I moved from an NA manual to a TT auto and I am glad I did. I suppose it depends on your age and driving stlye. When that second turbo comes in it would put a smile on anyones face.....:D

H.

Haha all this talk about how good and reliable they is really making me want one tommorow! and i definately think i shall be buying my supra off someone on the forums as i personally wouldnt buy anogther car unless it is off an owners forum, that way i know it is looked after :) my driving style is straight line speed and acceleration cos personally the feeling of acceleration gives me a massive smile on my face!! :D

However its the sound of the dump from the dump valve, would it sound the same as on a manual? also what about exhaust tone? is this the same and does it stilll have then absolutely amazing sound? :) (i just love the sound of the straight 6 sup) :D

Grr wish i could have a ride in one or test drive one but dont know where i would be able to?

havent been this excited for a car in years :p

Btw i am 21 so this would be a big jump in power and car for me but i want something bigger thats reliable and with enough power that i wont get bored of :)

also can ya BPU the auto's and still see the 400bhp mark?? cos i think i would just do this and then be happy as larry with it :)

Dan

also can ya BPU the auto's and still see the 400bhp mark??

Do a little research using the search button; get a bit of knowledge on Supras, or just cars in general - and remember that a 10+ year old car, with 325bhp+ is an enthusiasts car (or in other words, needs a lot of care and attention)

get one mate, best choice i made when i turned 21, had it 6 months and loved every moment and going to keep enjoying it for a long time to come, mine has done 116k on the clock and is 100% mechanically fine, keep them well serviced and dont be tight when works needed and they will go on and on :)

wow 600 hp would be faaar tooo much for me lol i would probs be happily pleased with the standard 325hp :p would probs be well enough for my liking! hehe!

Also i have used the search button and already read through as much as my brain will handle in my few days menbership and i am guessing ya can BPU them :) cos its not changing anything to do with transmission so cant see why not :)

I am an enthusiast in jap cars myself so there is no worries on the maintenance, servicing and cleaning point of veiw and i never go cheap when servicing and repairing :) always buy the best money can buy :)

OO i see your only in lincolnshire sam..... We have a motor yatch up in lincoln and maybe i could come ave a nosey round your supe and maybe ya could take me for a spin in it?? :p Sorry to be cheeky but I am just dieing to know what these are like in the flesh... :D

Dan

I'd say head to some meets.

I'm after a TT6 in the coming months and have had a look around some. Unfortunately I was too scared to speak to anyone and ask for a ride :p lol

I will look on here when I'm ready to buy and purchase from a member or maybe go to Jurgen :)