The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cusco carbon strut brace

Nick

Originally posted by dude

I can post one up tonite dude just fitted front and rear on Matt B's car , strange thing is the front is heavy like its CF wrapped around alluminium but the rear is feather light .

Dude:flame Dev

That's exactly what it is! They don't make a pure CF front one, just CF wrap. Still waiting for my front one to arrive mind :(

Yeah I got one - still not fitted and it feels pretty light to me.

Hey Ben is that the tdi cold air box on your car ? Any good ? have you got an induction kit under it - do you still get a loss of power on hot days/extended high speed runs ?

Looks cool :thumbs:

Thanks Tell - but it's one for a project

If Nick's can be refurbished I'm trying out a new chrome / anodising service that this would be great for.

Mine is in for chroming now to check out how good they are!

Pretty sure that it needs to be polished ali for anodising though - but the effects that can be achieved are superb :thumbs:

They used to do the rear ones in proper CF or covered, but they didn't make a pure CF one for the front for the Supra. I guess they might have started making them now, but since all the pictures I've seen have been on other cars (including the ones on MVPs site), who knows?

In fact, having had a look I'm fairly sure it's still the same for the Supra. They do the type CB (round section carbon fibre) for the rear only. The only carbon front one they do is the type ALC OS, which is oval aluminium wrapped in carbon fibre. I presume it's something to do with the amount of space available meaning the front one has to be oval which would be hard to make in CF or something.

Here's a pic from SupraStore:-

Originally posted by jasonmoola

Yeah I got one - still not fitted and it feels pretty light to me.

Hey Ben is that the tdi cold air box on your car ? Any good ? have you got an induction kit under it - do you still get a loss of power on hot days/extended high speed runs ?

Looks cool :thumbs:

Yep that's the TDi CF air box, I've got a HKS racing suctions induction kit under it, bit of an old photo that one. I haven't noticed any changes in power in hot weather or long runs etc. And yes it does look very cool!!

Ben..