The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Idea's ?

Sted

When I'm on the motorway and travelling at speed the sup feels like its swaying from side to side, It seems to be worse when the road bends to the left.

I've checked all the tyre pressures and all the wheel alignments were done not long ago, there doesn't seem to be any play in the wheels or ball joints either.

Its not just me that can feel it either, when your wife says to you at about 70 mph is the car moving about you know there is something not wright, any idea's??

are you in the 1st lane ? could it not just be the lorry,s "tracks" that they ware into the motorway ?

Just an idea

Cheers

-Ian-

It just the same in the third lane Ian, the faster I go the worse it feels.

When you say sway do you mean the body rolling around or the back end skuttling about?

The back end feels like its moving around

Knackered shock(s) or even a sticky caliper on passenger side?

Thanks Stevo, I'll check these ;)

I'd just get it on a ramp and go round everything, wheel bearings, subframe bolts, wishbone bushes, ball joints, shocks, etc etc etc

Did they get the alignment right ? has it been like it since ? i had a corsa done after some suspension work and the car was all over the shop after it was lazered up, seems the guy doing it hadnt got the wheel hanger thing on properly. !!!

I'd just get it on a ramp and go round everything, wheel bearings, subframe bolts, wishbone bushes, ball joints, shocks, etc etc etc

Did they get the alignment right ? has it been like it since ? i had a corsa done after some suspension work and the car was all over the shop after it was lazered up, seems the guy doing it hadnt got the wheel hanger thing on properly. !!!

It was fine after the alignment was done by M life, its just started a couple of months later. I'm going to get it up on a ramp and go over everything :(

Had the sup on the ramp today, nothing seems to be wrong there is no play in any of the ball joint,shocks seem fine and the brake calipers are all free so its back to the drawing board :(

I had the same problem with mine, we could not find anything wrong with it, even using a big bar the bushes seemed fine but the car was still all over the road, i took a risk and bought all new arms for the back end, problem solved but an expensive fix im sorry to say.

I had the same problem with mine, we could not find anything wrong with it, even using a big bar the bushes seemed fine but the car was still all over the road, i took a risk and bought all new arms for the back end, problem solved but an expensive fix im sorry to say.

I can see me having to go down this route .:(