The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello all , thought id join this forum as i have a few problems :

Guest magico

I hit some water 3 weeks ago on the way home from work , a couple minutes after encountering it the engine wouldn't pull anymore to the point where to start off i have to go in "low" then 1 then to drive to actually make the car get up to speed fairly quick . I drove it back to and from work for 2 days ( about an 8 Mile return trip) thinking thats its probably water related so i was hoping it would dry out and clear. the car now pulls better but is idling extremely high .in "drive "it stays over 1000 revs to the point where im pressing down hard on the brake at junctions to stop it pulling forward , also when i put it in" park" it fly's up to 2000 revs and keeps on dropping up and down betweenn 1200 to 2000 extremely annoying. any help would be greatly appreciated:rolleyes:

2. i also and have had for sometime a very annoying knocking /rattling noise when i go over bumps. ive got a feeling my suspension maybe on its way out ,

Sure we are here to solve problems, no need to make an introduction just come out straight with the problem..!

Where do you live we can send a team of free volunteers to your car no matter where it is..! LOL

Ps. We are going to stop at the bp before do you need anything from the shops..?

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

thanks for your help , i think? . have already tried the reset thinking it could be the idle control valve sticking , just wondered if anybody else had encountered the same or similiar problem ?

anyhow ive had my supra for nearly 8 yrs and till now have had no problems with it . its a 93 n/a auto . still great fun even though i can now feel every bump .