The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will I need to change my wheels?

Brazil

Hi guys,

I am not able to get a hold of GNV to fix the smallest of dent 'fist size' and now my front bumper splitter has a crack.

The plan now is to change the Do-Luck front bumper to the newer version (V2) and re-spray it the car ' Candy apple red with a gold base like this'

I would also like to put on the veilside over fenders. I will have it smothed just like the rest of my kit.

What I would like to know is if my Volk GT 19'' x 9.5 and 19'' x 10.5 look ok with these new arches using spacers only? Or what width do you recomend if I need to get wider wheels.

Edit: I have a top secret carbon fibre bonnet, I've heard that it's tough to get a match on the bonnet is it that bad? is there any tricks get round this?

My current wheels below: 'I would be painting them black to contrast with the Candy Apple Red

attachment.php?attachmentid=32619&d=1144225200

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

How do the Volks sit in the arch at the moment.?

They sit flush, I have 295 rear tyres though that's pretty wide right?

You'd need a fairly big spacer to push the wheel out enough to fill a VS overfender.

How much though?

It all depends on the offset mate. If they have a low offset of like 10 it should fill it, if thr offset is around 40 it wont :)

I need to google offsets I do not have scooby about that..! lol

I am pretty certain that they are 10.5 rears. I have 295 wide tyres on the back.

Wheel Offset

The wheel offset is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. There are three types of offsets.

Positive Offset

A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true centerline of the wheel. Most factory rims will have this type of offset.

Zero Offset

When the hub mounting surface is centered within the rim, it is known as a zero offset.

Negative Offset

If the hub mounting surface is on the brake side of the center line of the rim, it is considered a negative offset or "deep dish".

It should say on the wheel what the offset is mate. Without knowing it its impossible to commemt where the wheel will sit ;)

Say that they are 10.5 would that be ok? and how come the do not stick out the sides right now?

I am in Africa right now...! spending lot's of time on the net..! LOL wanting to buy..! hahah That is why I am not able to look it up right now..! LOL