The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T6 setup... overkill for the UK?

JamieP

I'm really in two minds.

Very tempted to order a T6 manifold and billet GT47-88 for my winter refresh.

I really do want lots of power but is it one step to far? at present my billet 76 spools very fast and is most likely as far as pump fuel will be pushed.

Im just worried if i order a T6 setup it will be crap on pump fuel and i will hate driving it, my car has to stay 100% street and to get good power from a big turbo like that im going to have to run race fuel, then thats the street car thing out the window.

This car gives me the horn though... 3.0L T6 billet GT47-88, just watch how he destroys these bikes.:cool:

-lCinm_IVTM

0UqsJ6Aozhs

kx_jG1Sq-oo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just do it :D, who cares if the car is "street" or not, I certainly wouldn't think any less of a car if it had to run race fuel

Will it be crap on pump fuel is what worries me as i will be running that most the time, dont want to spend a fortune on this then get murdered by a T67 unless im on race fuel.

I think i need two supras:d

Well, you can only try it JP. What's the max boost to run on pump fuel? Keeping it cooler is the key to stop the knockl, I guess. The knock control on the Syvecs should see some very good longevity?

Running 2bar on the 76mm can't be far from the boundaries of pump fuel?

I dunno, i cant be arsed to mess with race fuel all the time and have a feeling it will be crap on pump fuel, im going to do some more digging and pick some peoples brains stateside, im not in a rush to make a decision, i can wait till xmas and not hold anything up, be nice to get a ride in DARRET's car when he is back in the UK with it.

I dunno, i cant be arsed to mess with race fuel all the time and have a feeling it will be crap on pump fuel, im going to do some more digging and pick some peoples brains stateside, im not in a rush to make a decision, i can wait till xmas and not hold anything up, be nice to get a ride in DARRET's car when he is back in the UK with it.

can you not have the settings on a switch say 3 and use e85 (if this is available your way ?) and then have race fuel setting ? and lastly a pump fuel..

i wouldnt want to use race fuel all the time either,just occasionally for the events etc

can you not have the settings on a switch say 3 and use e85 (if this is available your way ?) and then have race fuel setting ? and lastly a pump fuel..

Yeah can have switchable maps, i have that now.

No E85 near me, race fuel is expensive and to use all the time would bankrupt me.

I cant afford to build another supra aswell as this one.

Jamie, what is your end goal (well what you are aiming for).

Seeing as you have enough cars to get you around, think you can do with one out and out race car ;)

Though like you say it is the hassle of using Race Fuel and won't be as 'street' anymore.

I dont have an end goal for the car, i just enjoy messing about with it, i do enjoy driving it a lot even though its not my daily car, just dont want to go to far and regret it.

I might wait a little longer, another year on the 76 then go T6 maybe, i need to get a ride in one really.

Have you thought about using mappable WI to add extra in-chamber cooling? You can get a sophisticated setup from Aquamist that has a flow sensor and a logic system that basically means if you run out of water or spring a leak, your ECU can be switched to a lower boost/less aggressive timing map, all instantly on the fly - therefore it's quite safe to map around the WI. That way you'd be able to run pump fuel at higher boost from a bigger turbo quite safely, and I bet Ryan would love to sink his teeth into that kind of rig. Unless you can't afford bottled water either :D

Have you thought about using mappable WI to add extra in-chamber cooling? You can get a sophisticated setup from Aquamist that has a flow sensor and a logic system that basically means if you run out of water or spring a leak, your ECU can be switched to a lower boost/less aggressive timing map, all instantly on the fly - therefore it's quite safe to map around the WI. That way you'd be able to run pump fuel at higher boost from a bigger turbo quite safely, and I bet Ryan would love to sink his teeth into that kind of rig. Unless you can't afford bottled water either :D

Fair shout, A direct port water/meth setup is a possibility, i dont like the idea of mapping to a single jet setup like some do.

Fair shout, A direct port water/meth setup is a possibility, i dont like the idea of mapping to a single jet setup like some do.

Saying that it might be just as easy to go with a 12 injector setup and another 20 litre fuel tank in the boot with race fuel in it, the 6 injectors with race fuel just kick in at high boost, all cruising done on pump fuel.

Plenty to think about.

Saying that it might be just as easy to go with a 12 injector setup and another 20 litre fuel tank in the boot with race fuel in it, the 6 injectors with race fuel just kick in at high boost, all cruising done on pump fuel.

Plenty to think about.

wow that sounds cool