The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aeromotive fuel pump

PJ

Just been up to AFR today who are currently finishing off my 6 Speed T51 Single Turbo build. They've taken delivery of my fuel pump, and it's a monster :D It's an Aeromotive 11101 - A1000 fuel pump, capable of supporting 1000bhp, which is nice :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=119641&stc=1&d=1288453295

I'm really looking forward to seeing this hooked up to the swirl pot that they've sorted me out for my fuel system, it's going to look simply superb if it's anything like the rest of the work that they've been doing there.

Big thanks to the guys at AFR for all the work that they've put in so far, I can't wait till dyno time!

fuelpump.jpg

Edited by PJ (see edit history)

Yeah, without a doubt, the quality of the work they do is fantastic. Liking the setup that they have up there. Great guys to deal with.

I would put up a project thread, but it's not a Supra, but I will post up some pictures of the build when it is complete, and no doubt a video or two of it on the rollers.

Here's a picture of the swirl pot that they got for me.

http://clubaristo.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9530&stc=1&d=1286219886

I can't wait to see them plumbed in together in my spare wheel well :D

You've gone for the Aeromotive 11102 Pro Series pump for yours haven't you? It would go very nicely with one of them :eyebrows:

Yeah, am tempted to run a swirl pot, Japs love them but ive never seen any yank cars run them, id like to know for sure if its worth fitting.

Yeah, am tempted to run a swirl pot, Japs love them but ive never seen any yank cars run them, id like to know for sure if its worth fitting.

As long as your fuel pickup is done properly they are not really needed on a MKIV due to the little internal tank area inside the main tank. If the MKIV didnt have this then it may be required to prevent fuel starvation when running low on fuel and hard cornering/acceleration.

Just my opinion but I like to keep things simple :)

They certainly look good value and well made, the -6 and -10 outlets alone would cost more than that, i just paid £160 for two -24 weld on fittings.:(

Yeah I'm really happy with it, looks a great bit of kit. I can't wait to see the finished install, it's going to look the business when it's all done, it'll be a nice little feature in the boot. It'll be all tucked away in the spare wheel well so the boot will still be good for the pram and the shopping, but it'll have a removable cover so I can show it off when wanted :D

As long as your fuel pickup is done properly they are not really needed on a MKIV due to the little internal tank area inside the main tank. If the MKIV didnt have this then it may be required to prevent fuel starvation when running low on fuel and hard cornering/acceleration.

Just my opinion but I like to keep things simple :)

The fuel tank set up in the Aristo is somewhat different to the MKIV Supra. We don't have the luxury of being easily able to run double/triple pumps on drop in hangers and the like, so an external pump was always going to be the simplest way forward, which is why the swirl pot was brought into play :)

I'm really happy with the solution as it has both form and function and is a first on a UK built Aristo too (as far as I know).

Ah I think I understand what it does now. How long does 2 ltrs of fuel last then on a 600 bhp motor at WOT? A build thread on here would be very good, might raise the profile of the supra's older more sensible brother

You won't empty the swirl pot dude, its filled by a walboro and the return from the rail goes back into it and from there to the tank, so its always full.

I'll get some pics of the full system up as soon as the guys at AFR have done their stuff :thumbs:

This is the car it's all going in

http://clubaristo.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9642&stc=1&d=1288464424

A few of you may have seen it up there at the AFR open day, it's known as the Mad Max car these days :D