The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finished my single build at last!

wallis

At last i have finished all the work that i needed to do, ready for AFR to finish off in a few weeks:D

AFR are fitting new 264 in/ex cams (cheers dude) the ecu, progressive wet nos kit and resistor pack.

After that and once the cars had a good looking over its mapping and dyno time, so im pretty excited to say the least!

I also get my new wheels back from the paintshop this week and my tyres are already here, so they will be going on also next week!

Ill post some pics when there on;)

What u think.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119609&d=1288436079

attachment.php?attachmentid=119610&d=1288436079

attachment.php?attachmentid=119611&d=1288436079

attachment.php?attachmentid=119612&d=1288436079

attachment.php?attachmentid=119613&d=1288436079

attachment.php?attachmentid=119614&d=1288436136

attachment.php?attachmentid=119615&d=1288436180

finished-engine2.jpg

finished-engine7.jpg

finished-engine6.jpg

finished-engine1.jpg

finished-engine.jpg

finished-engine3.jpg

finished-engine5.jpg

What u think.
Looks pretty tidy. Where does the vent hose from the OS cam cover go to?

Have you had NOS on a car before? Personally I wouldn't waste my money on it, but hey, it's your car.

I see from the above pics it's an Auto. Do you anticipate any problem in that regard?

What ECU and turbo have you gone for?

Best of luck mate. I'm sure Matt and John will see you right.

Have you had NOS on a car before? Personally I wouldn't waste my money on it, but hey, it's your car.

I see from the above pics it's an Auto. Do you anticipate any problem in that regard?

Hey up mate, my builds in the project car section if u want to see my work in progress;)

My turbo is a HKS 3037s (gt30) which will run 500rwhp and spool faster than the stock tubbies:)

Ecu wise im going with the AEM FIC.

The os vent goes to the oil catcher tank as shown in the pics.

Nos wise ive had it on all my cars, its going to be for sprints really lts a progressive sytem so i should see some good safe gains.

Gearbox wise im honestly not sure, ive fitted a large 19 row mocal oil cooler but im guessing from my predicted power levels it will be running to its limits, but i bought a spare so its an easy fix.

When i really know what power levels a stock auto box can take i will then know my limits.

I cant wait now!

real nice mate - did you do most work yourself - just wondering an estimated price figure it cost you?

as i really looking into single turbo - but need to know how much ruffly im looking at.

cheers matey

Its a hard question really mate to answer, all depends on what u go for set up wise.

I have done every single thing myself so far to keep the costs down, I think after AFR have done their magic with the mapping and cams etc it will be close to 10k ive spent including new wheels, tyres and the bonnet.

God knows what it would of been for someone else to do it, my man hours were free......lol

Its a big cost going single, some people spend 20k + and i can understand why now!

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Congrats Matt, looking good :thumbs:

I think the fact that the kit retains the stock manifold may limit the amount of boost you can safely run before the exhaust temps start to get high, hope you have a EGT gauge fitted. It's certainly going to be a spool monster though.

If it was my car rather than the NOS kit, I'd fit a water/meth injection system to help keep temps down.

Congrats Matt, looking good :thumbs:

I think the fact that the kit retains the stock manifold may limit the amount of boost you can safely run before the exhaust temps start to get high, hope you have a EGT gauge fitted. It's certainly going to be a spool monster though.

If it was my car rather than the NOS kit, I'd fit a water/meth injection system to help keep temps down.

cheers nic:)

Im aiming for 1.7bar I know im safe at this, thats what someone i know ran for 2 years no problems, with this exact set-up and his was also a full on track car, so really got put through its paces and is the reason i wanted this set-up to be honest.

If i go higher with the boost it will be with the nos which helps bring down the temps also, just costs more.

EGT fitted mate ive gone to town on all my gauges spent loads of time and effort to make sure this is right.

I think your right about the spool monster going to have some serious accelaration, providing i can hold down all that torque.......lol

thx again mate.

Im aiming for 1.7bar I know im safe at this

That seems high to me, but I guess you'll find out the limits on the dyno when it's mapped.

I think your right about the spool monster going to have some serious accelaration, providing i can hold down all that torque.......lol

I would invest in Pirelli shares :)

It's probably a good thing yours is an auto. I remember after I converted mine (GT35R), I'd regularly hit the rev limiter as it took a while to get use to how quickly you needed to change gear when going for it.

That seems high to me, but I guess you'll find out the limits on the dyno when it's mapped.

I would invest in Pirelli shares :)

It's probably a good thing yours is an auto. I remember after I converted mine (GT35R), I'd regularly hit the rev limiter as it took a while to get use to how quickly you needed to change gear when going for it.

Awesome........lol

I cant wait to see what its like mate!

Ahhhh well done mate, how are you getting it down to AFR? Looks a cracker that now, definately gonna come up and see it once the weather improves a bit. I'll bring mine up with me once i've got my new bits fitted. I'll pick up those guages as well if you still have them. Well done mate :thumbs:

Sorry Dan i missed your message mate, im taking it down on a car transporter and staying down there for a few days in a travel lodge.

Ive got your gauges, will sort u out with them when we meet up;)