The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrid problems....

Lewis

We have no doubt all seen the threads relating to hybrid/install problems (depending on what you choose to believe).

I was thinking about the hybrid route for a little while and this had obviously made me think more carefully about it. Yes hybrids are cheaper than stock turbo's and allow more boost etc etc. However, if you have to buy three sets then you may as well just get some more stockers.....

The people working on the turbo's seem to blame the installation of them and the installers blame the turbo workers. This leaves poor Joe Bloggs the customer stuck in the middle without money or turbo's which is a sad state of affairs regardless of who is at fault.

Yes there is the law, the sale of goods and services act covers the consumer in situations such as these, at the end of the day it depends whether you sourced the turbo's or your mechanic did when deciding who to sue etc. Most people won't go down this route as it can be long, drawn out and in the end you could still lose your battle.

So...... what do we do?

Well I have seen that Paul's new supplier is offering manufacturers warranty on the hybrids (I don't know about the other guys on here who supply hybrids as I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere). Which is all well and good but that doesn't prevent the turbo guy from blaming it on the install still.

As this "installation error" seems to be a get out clause for the turbo guys (whether correct or not), a manufacturers warranty doesn't prevent them pulling this trump card.

I wonder, if any of the turbo refurbishment men/companies have a *suggested* installer, and if they don't, would they get one.

Someone that they are confident will be installing the turbo's correctly. Surely if they do this then we can pressure them into agreeing that if the install is done there then they will offer a more comprihensive warranty on the items themselves.

This should at least get rid of their trump card. There is nothing to stop us getting the install checked afterwards by someone we trust ourselves whether it be dude, leon, terry, matt...whoever

We can't let members get stung by this crap all the time, it's very hard to read over and over that members cash has been taken and they can't get it back or get what they asked for.

It may not be possible, but I figured I would suggest it to the traders/members anyway in case someone can do something further about it??