The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Performance manifold, decats, exhaust and induction system complete - Oh wow....

neo2810

I got my car back from AAS this afternoon and once again I'm amazed at their craftsmanship. The car sounds amazing, and for an NA, this thing now shifts... Can't wait to get it on the rolling road in 2 weeks but it feel massively faster, and I mean massively. :D:D

I've attached a short vid of the bits and some soundbites but the iPhone sound quality is rubbish so it doesn't do it justice. Apologies for the driving bit at the end, it's hard to hold an iPhone and accelerate (it was on a sliproad and empty before I get the third degree) :innocent:

Here's a short vid of the induction system and manifold/exhaust, with some sound bites (you can hear the suction of the air filter)

-uGdLwuZaZM

And another of the acceleration. Apologies for the poor quality but again its an iPhone.

It9NIzAL5M0

Congratulations :thumbs:

Is the manifold custom made? Where are oxygen sensors plumbed in, are they on the 1st decat pipe section, after the manifold? The exhaust doesn't sound overly loud which is good.

Yes, it's custom made Nic, as is the exhaust and decat pipes as well as the induction pipe. I've not checked where they've fitted the o2 sensors but he did mention them so I'm not overly bothered :)

I specifically asked him to control the noise to keep roughly the same level as it was. Happy with the sound.

Looking good. :)

Interested to see the results.

Maybe a good idea to feed the induction cold air too.

There are pics in 'my garage' how to.

Cheers Dave, I've had a good look at your garage many times for some ideas of next steps matie. I may just call on your experience in the near future to get the cold air pull setup. :thumbs:

Any time :thumbs:

Your exhaust manifold looks a good un. :)

I began with a parallel induction pipe too, yet found that a plenum gives more power.

Hope to meet at a meet sometime and give you a drag race, before I get around to 'nailing on' the supercharger. ;)

Sounds like fun :D

Quick answer, NA engine not listed so decat test is done and if you fail that you should be worried.

Interesting, I used the same garage for MOT for the whole time I had the NA and they always did the test, if I ever own another NA I will be sure to let them know :thumbs: