The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bucket seats

jason m

I quite fancy a pair of cobra imola fixed back seats for my sup...

Anyone owned a car (or have a sup) with fixed back seats - how did you find em ?

Would you do it again

If I was to go for this, do I have to remove the rear seats ?

Also I would have a pair of j spec black leather seats for sale, how much do these go for ?

Cheers guys.

ive had some fixed bucket seats (in other car) and they are great..... if you find the one meant for your body that is, I really suggest getting the ones with the padding for your bum coz after a while it surprising how hard it feels and also holds you in better.

I wouldnt of thought you would have to remove your back seats unless fitting a 5 or 6 point harness. but someone else can confirm it.

You feel almost every bump from the car in the seats, but it makes u lower and just makes you feel like your part of the car, or least did with me :cool:

You can still put a fixed back seat on runners so people may be able to squeeze in the back.......definatly a squeeze!!! lol

hope that helps

Not sure what the advantage would be over a race-style seat with a movable back? The only thing I can think of is weight, and that's not going to make much difference in a Supra.

You don't need to remove the back seats to use a harness. I've got a Sparco harness bar on the way, which bolts to the seat beat mounting points and gives something to attach the shoulder straps to.

Guest cptsideways

Avoid fixed backs if you can, they are Ok but only for a few miles. The latest adjustable ones are fantatstic.

Avoid the cloth covered seats they are nearly always a crap material, I have had Cobra, Recaro, Sparco & all were the same.