The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chrome Door Sills

Clarkey

Originally posted by Max Headroom

Seen some stainless steel kick plates £25 the pair with Supra on them at http://www.gtgrafix.com. Don't know if thats what your after?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Absolute cack - ordered a set of these a while ago.

The site picture looks good , but when you get them they are dreadful.

Straight line pieces , with Supra marked on them as if someone had taken a marker pen , and just scrawled it on as an afterthought , that or they were done by a 3yr old.

I promptly threw them in the bin when they would not take them back.

BEWARE !

:flame Dev

Originally posted by Chipmunk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Absolute cack - ordered a set of these a while ago.

The site picture looks good , but when you get them they are dreadful.

Straight line pieces , with Supra marked on them as if someone had taken a marker pen , and just scrawled it on as an afterthought , that or they were done by a 3yr old.

I promptly threw them in the bin when they would not take them back.

BEWARE !

:flame Dev

Cack site, cack products, cack prices (£61 for a pair of custom plates), looks like the only thing they are not cack at is keeping hold of your money.

I was asked about these for the MKIII's but the etching of the stainless was pricey and put most off, think the total price would have been around £65, which would replace the standard sill covers.

I'll look into it for the MKIV if there's some interest.

I had a custom set made for my MK3 a few years ago , but for the life of me , I cannot recall the company involved.

I sent them the existing plates from the car , and they fabricated a new set to replace them in stainless steel - looked damn good as well - cost around £30/40.

I'd certainly be up a for a set for the MKIV if there are others interested as well.

:thumbs:

I'd like something like that, but I don't really see how different door sills would fit on, as the standard plastic bit is all ridgey.

Would the sills replace the standard plastic bits, or would they stick over the top? (euughhh)

James.

Oh right, you obviously wouldn't have the crimple effect, it'd be polished stainless with the supra logo etched.

Have to see how they're attached aswell, I guess that rubber holds them in place with maybe some sort of push fit underneath??

To be honest, I'm too busy to sort this out from start to finish.

If someone wants to orgainse this, i.e find out who wants a set, then so I'm only dealing with one person e.g like a group buy, then we can go from there.

I got the MKIII Supra ones priced, which are very similar in size and shape, prices were as follows

for 5 sets=£61.10 per set

for 15sets=£36.35 per set

for 25sets=£30.08

Plus delivery+bending

The prices were just for the etching/engraving and supply of the stainless (they supply the stainless as has to be a special grade)

and I was going to get them bent at cost as the price is quite alot and they just wouldn't sell with any profit stuck on them.

If anyone works at a engravers/etchers then it'd be alot cheaper.

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

What's this 'Nick@TC'...?

Gawd, I hate people who change their forum names...

Get's confusing doesn't it Aero, I mean Dave, I mean 200sx :p

Anyway, back on topic :twak: :D

(thought it was time for a change, and more of a proffesional approach, answering your original off topic question)

• 3 weeks later...