The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash wrapped in 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre vinyl

Elmo

hmmm was thinking about soing something like this over the winter, I was thinking of just getting black adheasive vinyl but this stuff looks pretty good to work with, this guy has skills...

Have you found any cheap prices? it would make doing door cards very easy I would think.

IEQiQhm6n4g

This place looks pretty good.

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Departments/carbon-fibre-vinyl.aspx

Looks to get great results but gets a bit pricey for anything decently sized. To do the door cards you would probably need that 3 meter bit to do it without joins and thats £150.

Wish I had the cash, there must be a cheaper alternative in plain black that can be used but I must say it looks fairly easy to work with.

Looks to get great results but gets a bit pricey for anything decently sized. To do the door cards you would probably need that 3 meter bit to do it without joins and thats £150.

Wish I had the cash, there must be a cheaper alternative in plain black that can be used but I must say it looks fairly easy to work with.

Agreed, not ideal for big panel sections although I would imagine door cards would be easy to wrap. This stuff is ideal for dash panels, engine bay, wing mirrors etc.

does no one else just look at this stuff and think 'oh it's fake carbon fibre'? which defeats the purpose and if anything makes things look 'cheaper' as it just means you look like you can't afford real carbon fibre parts. Not trying to have a dig really but i just can't get my head round it as everyone with any common sence can see it's fake..

does no one else just look at this stuff and think 'oh it's fake carbon fibre'? which defeats the purpose and if anything makes things look 'cheaper' as it just means you look like you can't afford real carbon fibre parts. Not trying to have a dig really but i just can't get my head round it as everyone with any common sence can see it's fake..

I agree 100%, it's as fake looking as vinyl 'wood' or 'aluminium'! :search:

There's enough 'real' carbon fibre here to do the whole dash

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Skinning-Starter-Kit---Large__CMCFSK1000.aspx

It's £88 though, better start saving up and I might be able to afford it one day :p

Just thought I would add - If you resin over the 3M DiNoc it will go very dark (almost black) and you will barely be able to see the weave effect the wrap has.

Same with lacquer - tried multiple lacquers on a samples of it, flat surface and it went completely black (glossy black granted) but still no carbon look at all.

The "ultra-clear" resin we have tried was a little better, however so far (imo) it looks better with no resins or clear coats over it purely because they take from its effect.

(If anyone has used a clear-coat or resin and it not had an adverse effect, would be interested to know what product was used! : ) )