The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stretched tyres on your Supra....

Jamesy

.....I know this is a taboo subject but who runs stretched tyres on their Supra?

Just wondered what sort of set up your running (eg... 9in rim with a 245/40 tyre etc)

How safe are stretched on tyres? personally i love the look but i know its no good for traction which is why i dont think it'll work for my rear wheels. Obviously the driftwork boys rave about them and push their cars pretty hard....

Also, it is going to look alright with a stretched on front and normal rear??

This is a 225/35/18 Falken 452 on a 9.5j:

This is a 225/40 on a 9.5j:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamesy when u stretch the tyres the ride is really hard, imagine a 275 30 and times it by ten, there really is no give in them mate, this is why the driftwork boys love them its perfect for drifting as there always stiff as a rock!

God knows what its going to do to your suspension set up and road drivebility, gonna be horrid im affraid!

I'm definitely going to stretch the fronts on, maybe just a slight stretch like a 245/35 on a 9.5j, but im wondering if it'll still look ok if the rears are big n flush :)

I admit a massive stretch can look a bit pony, but on drift cars i think it suits especially if you have a big deep dish rim.

this is bonkers though: 11j rim with a 205 tyre :blink:

http://www.tyrestretch.com/zp-core/i.php?a=11_205_50_R15&i=11_205_50_R15.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=85

jamesy when u stretch the tyres the ride is really hard, imagine a 275 30 and times it by ten, there really is no give in them mate, this is why the driftwork boys love them its perfect for drifting as there always stiff as a rock!

God knows what its going to do to your suspension set up and road drivebility, gonna be horrid im affraid!

good point...

good point...

i would just put wide arches on and get some new wider wings if u love the wheels that much bud.

I have some carbon fibre front wings which are 15-20mm wider on the arches but fit normal bumpers.

i was going to fit and paint them but im not bothered as my new wheels fit perfect:)

pm me if your interested mate.

ok right im going to go for a set of 235/40/18 on my fronts...its not mega stretched but will gimme decent arch clearance :)

Looks like this....

http://www.tyrestretch.com/zp-core/i.php?a=9.5_235_40_R18&i=9.5_235_40_R18_Nankang.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=85