The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential Group Buy, anyone interested?

Scott

Before I begin I haven't gotten any permission or prices for this offer. I am in talks with the supplier at the moment.

I contacted a member on ebay regarding a set of Supra tailored car mats. I asked about adding a Supra logo to them to make them a bit more custom etc and he came back saying that as a 1 off it was very expensive but after the 1 off is done it becomes much cheaper.

Sooooooo. Would anyone be interested in a set of Tailored mats for their Supra?

The link to the standard mats is here.

I expect the prices to be not too far off that, maybe a little more for the logo. Colours of carpet/border and logo can be specified.

I think we would need 10+ for this to be affordable.

Could you add your name to the list if you are interested, I will start a seperate "Group Buy" thread when I have permission and a price. From there you can add your colour requirements etc.

1. Scott M

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably but would need to see what they look like fitted with a supra logo.

Unfortunately there is no way I can do this. If I could get a set done on my own I would. It has to be a group buy to fund the initial mock up of the Supra logo.

I have already done the logo etc though, I'm thinking bottom left corner of the drivers side and bottom right corner of the passenger side. .

I would also be interested as my old ones went with the NA.

Scott, get approval, then guage interest, then find me some mats....:D

H.

I can only see trouble ahead to be honest H. I don't want any misconceptions.

Maybe I should link my Ignorance thread to make me feel better :D

:(

Click on the link bud. The mats are MINT and they are top of the line thickness too. Myself and Harry were fully planning on getting a set ourselves anyway but I thought I would do the 'club' thing and try and get a bespoke set for members that wanted them.

Click on the link bud. The mats are MINT and they are top of the line thickness too. Myself and Harry were fully planning on getting a set ourselves anyway but I thought I would do the 'club' thing and try and get a bespoke set for members that wanted them.

I would only really want bespoke ones like my NA had...;)

I'll try to sort some out myself, mine has got some in but I would like new ones after winter.

H.

I would only really want bespoke ones like my NA had...;)

I'll try to sort some out myself, mine has got some in but I would like new ones after winter.

H.

He wants £60 for a logo creation. After that the logo will cost £6 per mat.

He wants £60 for a logo creation. After that the logo will cost £6 per mat.

That's a good price then. I paid £75 for my last set and felt a little disappointed with the quality. That said, they have lasted well but I expected something thicker for the cost.

What is the problem with getting permission for a group buy? I don't see the problem?

H.

That's a good price then. I paid £75 for my last set and felt a little disappointed with the quality. That said, they have lasted well but I expected something thicker for the cost.

What is the problem with getting permission for a group buy? I don't see the problem?

H.

£60 is just for the creation though H, you then have the cost of the mats on top of that.

I'm going to have a think about it and maybe put a request forward tonight. It's going to be a money up front, buy before you see kind of thing. Those can be tricky at the best of times. I'll just need to strongly emphesise that if I get the go ahead I guess. I think we have 4 guaranteed names just now, that includes you, so that would be an additional £15 each which I am happy with, it just depends if everyone else would be.

We'll see what happens.

Ohh, apologies to the mods and thanks for the headroom :)

£60 is just for the creation though H, you then have the cost of the mats on top of that.

I'm going to have a think about it and maybe put a request forward tonight. It's going to be a money up front, buy before you see kind of thing. Those can be tricky at the best of times. I'll just need to strongly emphesise that if I get the go ahead I guess. I think we have 4 guaranteed names just now, that includes you, so that would be an additional £15 each which I am happy with, it just depends if everyone else would be.

We'll see what happens.

Ohh, apologies to the mods and thanks for the headroom :)

I would set a target of 10 and then it is only £6 each for the creation. I personally wouldn't mind paying more than that.

I would also consider buying a few sets and keeping them for future sales, people will always want some mats.....just not when the group buy is taking place. It's whether you would be allowed to make a meagre profit for stocking them and not being a trader?

Just trying to help this along Scott. Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

H.

Being serious for a minute.

I think as a club it would be a good idea to have a cheapish (sub £100) mat set on call. I think even if i dont buy the mats now i will help with the logo funding, Sooner or later i will need mats and as we cant seem to get of worth or a decent fit this sounds like a good idea

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)