What would you do?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Nothing and salt it away for the future
    • Keep it standard and use it rarely
    • Keep it standard but use it everyday
    • Make some tasteful upgrades
    • Create the world only 2002 TRD 3400GT

As a result of my recent discovery of a 2002 manual RZ-S with only 5000Kms recorded and the mixed responses, it got me thinking 'what if' :innocent:and all pure conjecture as it will probably end up in a Scandinavian garage rather than on British soil:rolleyes:

So if you decided or were lucky enough to have around £27K would you :-

1. Not touch it or register it a salt it away as an investment?

2. keep it standard but rarely drive it?

3. keep it standard but enjoy the experience of as near as damn it a new Supra everyday?

4. Make some tasteful personal enhancements/upgrades such as wheels, seats etc but no body kitting?

5. Go the full monty and build the worlds only 2002 TRD wideboddied 3.4L single with everything upgraded?

Personally I'm in two minds between either 3 or 5, what's the boards consensus?

Ok first of all.. ^ a stock TT is 'horribly slow'?? I think not! Did you learn to drive in a veyron or something? :rolleyes:

As for the poll, it depends on how much money you have in your bank account imo, as if I was loaded and could afford other cars then I'd probably try to wrap the car up and keep it as a piece of supra history.. But if my only car was this then I'd just treat it the same as any supra I had, mod it a little and drive it often.

Ok first of all.. ^ a stock TT is 'horribly slow'?? I think not! Did you learn to drive in a veyron or something? :rolleyes:

As for the poll, it depends on how much money you have in your bank account imo, as if I was loaded and could afford other cars then I'd probably try to wrap the car up and keep it as a piece of supra history.. But if my only car was this then I'd just treat it the same as any supra I had, mod it a little and drive it often.

My first car was 5spd na-tt bpu.

No need a 4#+ hp car to take down a stock supra either on the track or the freeway.

Today's standarts are much higher than they were back in the 90's.

I would never, ever, ever spend that sort of money on ANY road car. UK roads are for getting from A to B on these days, hopefully without accident, unpleasant attention from Big Brother, vandalism, theft or a meeting with the Old Bill. This is best done with some worthless old crate that still runs reliably and is worth sod all. Expenditure of anything over 1.5K should only be made on something for dedicated track use :)

Option 2 probably: keep it stock and use it only occasionally.

It would be a crime to mod it. Today's "tasteful mods" are often tomorrow's chavtastic add-ons.

Once upon a time, people thought Veilside was tasteful. :)

Hi Steve, by tasteful I mean known problem areas and improvements only where needed :innocent: