The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaro Options

2soops

I have some nice condition black leather std front seats in the car at the moment, but fancied changing these for the Recaros.

I was just wondering if the Recaros in the Supras came in just cloth, leather or both, and secondly as I assume they're a small fortune for new ones from Mr T, what sort of prices do they go for second hand.

Some people on here seem to have fitted ones from other cars, is this just a case of modifying the supra rails to fit

Standard they came in cloth with a fancy 90'ies pattern. They are really nice like some have have done in leather. But also REALLY expensive. Just saw a post on it on supraforums. I think it came to 5300 USD for a set from new.

For that price there are better and nicer seats out there.

If you are lucky you can find a nice set used but the price + to have them done in leather ends up in more or less the same as some top spec from Sparco or whatever..

I almost sold mine for £800 without rails but I couldn't part with them.

They came in cloth and in leather (Proper leather, not Recaro leather) but the leather ones are the rarest as they were very expensive. The cloth ones were £1200 per seat back in the day.

You can't modify the stock rails easily, it would be a PITA and a bit of a bodge job. The rails to fit them properly are £390 new. You could try to get a set of rails 2nd hand but expect to pay £150 to £200 anyway.

To get the seats, retrim them mint and get the rails all fitted you are probably looking at the best part of £1.5k.

Another option is a set of brand new Recaro Speed Ambla Leather seats. You can get them delivered for around £650-£700. Factor in the rails and you would still save a couple of £££'s. They wouldn't be OEM though :cool:

They dont have to be oem, just fancied something with a bit more side support. Knowing Toyota fitted them from new I thought this might be the easier option, how wrong was I. I borrowed my brothers 15 year old M5 the other day and the recaros in that felt so much better than my seats which is what started all this. Il check out the speed ambla option though.

They are recaro speeds and they came in evo's also I picked some up from keron that were black with a red centre but all ripped. Had Gibson trimming retrim them in creme leather and alcantara and dark blue recaro symbol. Comfyest seats ever. My seats in my legnum hurt my back on long drives