The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone got 500-550bhp auto

Rob_Mitchell

Hello peeps, just been looking at loads of specs on cars to see what is used ect to achieve 500+bhp on a stock tt autobox.

does anyone have a single running 500+ on stock box? if so can you list the spec please?

i know everyones specification is different but it will be nice to see different ones listed, for my knowledge of stuff thats needed for my build.

many thanks- pics too :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you planning on adapting a TT autobox to fit onto your NA for your NA-T project?

Rob has a built TT engine going in.

If i was doing a ST on a stock auto i would go with a phr street kit, keep it simple, 550 injectors, stock TT fpr, single walbro, AEM fic ecu.

You are going to have to pick up a tt auto loom and ecu.

If i was doing a ST on a stock auto i would go with a phr street kit, keep it simple, 550 injectors, stock TT fpr, single walbro, AEM fic ecu.

Awesome :)

Jamie do you know anyone who would be able to fit a TT autobox to an NA? I did some reading on the NA-T forum and a number of guys on thier have a TT autobox on thier NA-T builds. They basically swap parts over from the NA box to the TT box.

yeah i know and im concerned that im not going to get a loom, sounds very simple which is nice to hear.

getting a list together now and buy bits as i go.

Awesome :)

Jamie do you know anyone who would be able to fit a TT autobox to an NA? I did some reading on the NA-T forum and a number of guys on thier have a TT autobox on thier NA-T builds. They basically swap parts over from the NA box to the TT box.

Not sure, sounds tricky to me, it would bolt in place i guess, then you would need a TT loom and ecu to run it, and somehow get the na to run on the tt loom i guess.

If you want to run the TT auto in an NA you will need the loon and ecu, a NA auto will not live behind a single or BPU car for very long. You can make a TT box work with no ECU control by fitting a NA valve body, that way you have the best of both worlds, you can run an auto without the ecu controling anything and still have the 4 clutch packs of the TT box, you can also get an uprated 2nd gear sprag as this is the weak part of the box.;)

does anyone have a single running 500+ on stock box? if so can you list the spec please?

Not an auto, but my garage lists full spec of mine, power 500-550+hp depending how much boost you run. I don't know how much the auto box can take, but I'm sure there'll be a few on here with experience.

In terms of kits for around that power there are a few good choices, the PHR street kit as Jamie mentioned - good for upwards of 500hp, the smaller PHR and BL kits with tubular manifold, capable of around 550hp. Or my own personal choice would be an HKS kit with Garrett GT35R.

Not sure, sounds tricky to me, it would bolt in place i guess, then you would need a TT loom and ecu to run it, and somehow get the na to run on the tt loom i guess.

It does sound tricky, guess i'll just wait and see what kind of results Paul gets with his NA-T setup on his Auto test car.

The TT Autobox just gives the future proof of being able to go for bigger power. I think Bootlogic sell a built NA Autobox, that could be the simpler way of running higher power on an auto NA-T setup.

thanks nic good info mate, i thought you would mention the hks range lol.

i think a small setup is ideal at the moment and then i have the choice to upgrade for more power later on, which i never had this choice with the na-t route.

im going to look into the PHR street kit, im going to need a cooler on the gearbox if not 2 but im sure it can handle 500bhp easy.

You can make a TT box work with no ECU control by fitting a NA valve body, that way you have the best of both worlds, you can run an auto without the ecu controling anything and still have the 4 clutch packs of the TT box, you can also get an uprated 2nd gear sprag as this is the weak part of the box.;)

Dude, this sounds promising :)

So is this a job you will be willing to take on? What parts would you require apart from the TT Autobox, Uprated 2nd gear sprag?

Dude, this sounds promising :)

So is this a job you will be willing to take on? What parts would you require apart from the TT Autobox, Uprated 2nd gear sprag?

Depends what power you want the box to take dude, the 2nd gear sprag is always the weak point, you need a TT and an NA box to do this and make one that will fit, if you swap looms its not too hard to just chuck in a TT box, by the time you buy a new BL box and a precision converter you may as well go 6 spd.;)

This is the same power I'm aiming for, and going to be running a stock auto, until it dies.

I'm going to actually see what it can take torque wise, it's not the bhp which is the problem mate!

I bought another one for £100 so will swap if the other one goes, cheap fix really.

I'm running a hks gt30r and it will have almost the same amount of torque as bhp, my set ups changed alot as I went along!

Good news your starting to organise your single build, best of luck :)

You should be able to run the additional Line Pressure and Accumulator solenoids of a TT auto with an AVR and a few FET's for about £20.

I'll be putting a TT auto in my Passat and making a little box to manually control it and talk to the Syvecs. I have a MK3 ECT ECU for doing the day to day auto control as it's a stand alone unit.

Need to get an oscilloscope on the accumulator to see what PWM frequencies it's using and when.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

This is the same power I'm aiming for, and going to be running a stock auto, until it dies.

I'm going to actually see what it can take torque wise, it's not the bhp which is the problem mate!

I bought another one for £100 so will swap if the other one goes, cheap fix really.

I'm running a hks gt30r and it will have almost the same amount of torque as bhp, my set ups changed alot as I went along!

Depends what power you want the box to take dude, the 2nd gear sprag is always the weak point, you need a TT and an NA box to do this and make one that will fit, if you swap looms its not too hard to just chuck in a TT box, by the time you buy a new BL box and a precision converter you may as well go 6 spd.;)

I'll initially be running the car between 330-325hp, then go upto 380-400hp. If this hybrid box can handle this then i'd be over the moon.

thanks mate, although i own a garage this sort of work is fresh to me and im reading lots on what to get for the build.

abbreviations are hard to follow but i think im getting there lol if i can get everything sourced it will then have a trip down to srd :)