The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why is this Supra so cheap?

mistertwo

As I've got nothing better to do tonight, and as I'm in the market for a Supra - I've been trawling through Autotrader and have come across this beauty:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201041370739370

Is it me or does that seem cheap for a car with such low mileage?

It would be even more of a bargain with that plate included! Shame it's so late, else I'd give the guy a ring!

Josh

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2191700.htm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2187825.htm

Utter bargain the second one. Almost bought this after work on Friday but had a reality check first :(

EDIt - second one I see he has updated his ad to say its not a turbo :(

There are 2 other supes on there but can't be bothered to find them sorry.

Only if you knew the mileage on the first one mate, used to belong to a member called Argy--- of here.

No such thing as a bargain nowadays, :D

Lets face it these are now 'old' cars, i think they are just about to take a dive, the Mk3 did all of a sudden and so will these. Traders franticaly saying 'tatty' 'needs paint' just smacks of desperation, Ive been in the trade for 30 years and that needs paint when its being bought in turns into needs a polish when its advertised. A car is realistically worth whatever you can go and sell it for within a week out oof the local paper.

Now, buying a Supra because you want one is a diff thing altogether

If i was buying another supra firstly id start looking in our on FOR SALE section as again there are some nice cheap N/A'a forsale both auto and manuals.

They are normally a true advert being sold on here so not normaly a shock when you drive 120 miles to view it.

Here is a real beauty with all the camber bolts changed, that are now siezed due to age on most supra's and cost a fortune to change as you cant get them out.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=229930

Edited by little num (see edit history)

Lets face it these are now 'old' cars, i think they are just about to take a dive, the Mk3 did all of a sudden and so will these. Traders franticaly saying 'tatty' 'needs paint' just smacks of desperation, Ive been in the trade for 30 years and that needs paint when its being bought in turns into needs a polish when its advertised. A car is realistically worth whatever you can go and sell it for within a week out oof the local paper.

Now, buying a Supra because you want one is a diff thing altogether

I dont reckon these are ever going to take a dive to be honest, there is far too much demand and following here and abroad.

The reason the mark 3 dropped was cos there was a mark 4.

There must be a point eventually that supras will get to and the value (for a good stock example) will stop going down. The fact is it has dropped from £40-50k when new down to £2-5k depending on the model etc.

Restored, singled, blinged, kitted etc... add a new dimension to the pricing of course. Restored and singled will always be worth more, blinged and kitted will be worth more to some and less to others depending on what they are looking for.

Thats what I reckon :D

your right mate but blinged dont add no value i dont think, just looks good to the owner who done it and is not to everyones taste (like mine)

single is where the money is and boosts the price high but also costs alot in the first place.

kitted aint to everyones taste and can even drop the value dramatically because of this.

the reality is that most supra's on this forum are worth more in bits and thats sad.

I dont reckon these are ever going to take a dive to be honest, there is far too much demand and following here and abroad.

Have you tried selling one recently? Sorry but I'm inclined to agree with John. Depreciation is just a fact of life when it comes to cars. There will always be a niche sector of the market, but the vast majority of owners will just have to accept their car is not worth as much this year as it was last. The ever increasing cost of running 3L+ sports cars is only going to compound the fact. As for single builds being worth more, think again. They are a money losing exercise for the most part and you will NEVER recoup the money you spend on mods. But then you do it for the enjoyment and not for the investment.

Edited by Miguel (see edit history)

That sold last week. It was on eBay and went for less than that. I was looking to buy it but the guy seemed very dodgy. Didn't like the questions I asked... i.e why the huge gap next tothe bonnet and do you know the paint code.

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

If i was buying another supra firstly id start looking in our on FOR SALE section as again there are some nice cheap N/A'a forsale both auto and manuals.

They are normally a true advert being sold on here so not normaly a shock when you drive 120 miles to view it.

Here is a real beauty with all the camber bolts changed, that are now siezed due to age on most supra's and cost a fortune to change as you cant get them out.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=229930

I'm winning yours on eBay at the moment and I am really surprised to be honest. I expected you to do really well with this. There are lots of days to go though still so fingers crossed for you.