The mkiv Supra Owners Club

As near as damn it a new Supra as you can get?

Tee from China

Was using Yahoo Images yesterday and just by chance I found a picture of a nice Quicksilver TT which is actually for sale in Japan:)

Its a Manual 2002 TT6 with 5000Kms - that's 3 0 0 0 MILES on the odometer:Pling: There are 4 pictures and its 2.8Ml Yen = £ 21k +, more here :-

http://www.mac-trading.co.jp/cgi-bin/db1/database.cgi?cmd=dp&num=7&UserNum=&Pass=&AdminPass=&dp=

Great find. Not worth £21K though. You will lose 11K in the next 4 years in depreciation alone. Although it's an 8 year old car at the end of the day..!!

H.

Not too sure H, lock this up in a garage & in 10 years time when all the Supra's have been crashed this would be worth a fair bit with this mileage & condition. If you image Supra's older with 60k on the clock & manual go for £10k.

There is a sticker on the back bumper.....WTF??:blink:

Great find. Not worth £21K though. You will lose 11K in the next 4 years in depreciation alone. Although it's an 8 year old car at the end of the day..!!

H.

Being fairly picky aren't we? It's just a sticker and stickers can be removed you know :innocent:

That RSP TRD you were after had a Bilstein sticker on its rump or did you forget? :eyebrows:

btw how do you come to £11k depreciation?

Wouldn't the fact that it is a totally standard and very late manual in a nice colour with extremely low mileage count for anything? :p

Yes an 8 yo car but you couldn't buy any after 2002 could you :innocent: so one of the very last of its kind

Being fairly picky aren't we? It's just a sticker and stickers can be removed you know :innocent:

That RSP TRD you were after had a Bilstein sticker on its rump or did you forget? :eyebrows:

Wouldn't the fact that it is a totally standard and very late manual in a nice colour with extremely low mileage count for anything? :p

Yes an 8 yo car but you couldn't buy any after 2002 could you :innocent: so one of the very last of its kind

some very valid points :p

Yeah, that was my point - a 6 speed *should* be an RZ, and therefore top-spec standard.

While I would agree, believe it or not the Auto is seen as the top model. Auto is more prestige than manual when it comes to buying cars. I blame the buyers to be honest, they tend to be codgers who want auto (at the time of sale, not resale of course lol). In the UK an auto car generally costs more than a manual as it is seen as an option.

Not too sure H, lock this up in a garage & in 10 years time when all the Supra's have been crashed this would be worth a fair bit with this mileage & condition. If you image Supra's older with 60k on the clock & manual go for £10k.

True, it won't depreciate much if you don't use it.....:D

True Mr China I am being picky but that is me through and through. If I had a genuine, unmolested car I would be putting nasty stickers on it and then using stuff to remove it afterwards I would want to keep it totally original. For the record, I didn't actually notice the sticker on the blue TRD....:search:

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the depreciation. 10k then. How much are 97/98 cars going for these days? Unless you find a purist who will pay the extra money and NOT use it then it will be worth 10K in 2014/15. You could also question how much evidence there is that this car has only managed 400 miles a year, for eight and half years?

some very valid points :p

Who really gives a monkeys what you think.....;) You know where you can shove your valid points....:eyebrows:

H.

i dont actually, can you care to explain please? you clown turned car appraisal expert............

You suck at quoting..!!

It's called having an opinion, get your crystal ball out and tell me what that car will be in 4 years time? Realistically though, not the overpriced versions you seem comfortable with....!!

H.

Good find :)

I hope someone does buy it and keep it as it is for another decade when it'll be extremely sought after.

Just think, in 2020 it will probably have appreciated and be worth about £21K.....:sly:

Where has Mr Supracars gone.....:search: If was hoping for him to endulge me in intelligent conversation..!!

H.

Edited by Havard
typo (see edit history)

Just think, in 2020 it will probably have appreciated and be worth about £21K.....:sly:

Where has Mr Supracars gone.....:search: If was hoping for him to endulge me in intelligent conversation..!!

H.

Or an arguement :p

Do you reckon a Supra, if kept in this condition would ever be worth £50k?