The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please help a noobie

China Man

Hi,

Just got my finance sorted out and if everything goes well I should have my first supra.

The one I am aiming to get is going to be a more or less stockcar. Can anyone shed me some lights on what modification you have done to your car?

Need some idea on performance and style. I might in the end choose to keep the car as stock but at the moment I have no idea what I want :)

But I know I want a supra!

China

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

If built, and looked after properly ;)

Sure, I was gonna say that, but I thought it took some of the impact out :D

Its just that, reading the gtr and rx7 boards and how their engines seem to always be going, you'd think that the 2JZ was some sort of alien technology from the future !

My advice would be to try and buy from :

a) Someone here

b) Private Seller ... in autotrader or something.

Imo - with a private seller you've got much better chance of getting a better motor (service history etc).

If you buy from a trader .. you may get an aftermarket warranty. Imho - they're not worth anything - so say "No" to it and say yourself £100 quid or something.