The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bling Bling Baby!!!

Gripweed

Originally posted by leett

surely the disks wouldnt increase your premium?:eek:

My mate had undeclared slotted disks on his Imprezza. The insurance company tried to refuse to pay out when he had an accident. :shrugs:

I think you should consider protecting the Brake calipers with some Zoop seal as they will be a bit of a nightmare to keep clean otherwise, particularly the winter months. The Zoop seal forms a perfectly clear protective coating that will last for around two years. I am going to get mine done over the winter when the cars off the road as they look great!

Originally posted by Gripweed

Yep, Spot on! They're polished UK specs and Brembo discs, as for the insurance question, I'm actually expecting a reduction as they're a safety feature! :innocent:

You should probably expect a rise due to cost of replacement unless they're the same as UK disks :innocent:

Originally posted by Jake

and did your insurance company charge you extra?

Im expecting mine will. At the end of the day even though they are the same shape and fitment they are not stock items. An insurer would argue that stock discs do not have slots on them therefore they are a modification.

I agree they are supposed to better braking however this is insurers we are talking about and they dont give a rats ass about that when it comes to paying out.