The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket Supra Turbo Kit Support

Jellybean

I know this topic is covered in abundance on this site about what kit is best and recommendations but considering a vast number of memebers here have Single kits

I would like to know how members have found support for getting parts for when things went wrong.

Who to steer clear of, what was the general turnaround time, was this Item readily available; no point getting a fantastic kit and a small custom part wares out to have your car sitting up for weeks.

Lots of good kits out there.

Whifbitz kits seem good value and nice to buy a uk kit, i have a boostlogic kit myself and its been very good to me.

HKS kit is a work of art, the manifold is stunning and all the bends are mandrel, not lots of short bits welded together.

I like the fact the whifbitz kits and HKS both have rerouted screamer pipes, optional if you have it open or closed on the whifbitz kit.

I like 4" downpipes myself and neither of these kits come with that option though.

Boostlogic kit does come with the 4" downpipe option and is the reason i went with it.

I would suspect that from a service point of view, the Whifbitz kits will be best. I've bought lots of things from Paul before, asnd i've always had first rate service and very quick delivery.

The HKS kit I had on my single was utterly reliable, and gave me no bother in approx 15k miles of driving.

So Whifbitz, HKS and BoostLogic all provided good support if you needed a specific Item replaced

I seen Boostlogic had Quality issues with there exhaust system a member here purchased new; not too sure if it was a once off but rings a few alarm bells

I reckon Whifbitz alright will probably provide the quickest/reliable support

So Whifbitz, HKS and BoostLogic all provided good support if you needed a specific Item replaced

I seen Boostlogic had Quality issues with there exhaust system a member here purchased new; not too sure if it was a once off but rings a few alarm bells

I reckon Whifbitz alright will probably provide the quickest/reliable support

Have fitted lot of kits, Greddy, HKS, boost logic, Titan, PHR, and have to say Paul whiffin's kits have been exceptional, he even went to the trouble of re designing the turbo manifold for better boost control..and is, how you say, just a phone call away. I was a big fan of the PTE's he used to supply originally the kits, but dropped these because of supply problems i think? so again, thinking of the end user.

M

You can't really go wrong with any of the major branded kits, I've sold loads of HKS kits and never had any problems.

Note with some of the US kits you *may* have fitting issues on a RHD Supra, I had a problem with a PHR IC pipe which needed modifying to avoid the steering rack, as it had obviously been designed to fit a LHD US Supra. No biggy but something to be aware of if ordering.

The main components that could cause issue, but very rarely do would be.

Turbo

Manifold

Wastegate

Oil/Water lines.

Have fitted lot of kits, Greddy, HKS, boost logic, Titan, PHR, and have to say Paul whiffin's kits have been exceptional, he even went to the trouble of re designing the turbo manifold for better boost control..and is, how you say, just a phone call away. I was a big fan of the PTE's he used to supply originally the kits, but dropped these because of supply problems i think? so again, thinking of the end user.

M

Thanks Marty

My Preference is either HKS or the Whifbitz Kit

Was Talking to Colin Last Time I was up with SSI and he had some issues with the Fabrication on the first gen Whifbitz kit he fitted, colin did say it was most likely fixed by now

Forget what it was but something needed to get tweaked, just one of those small things you dont notice until a few kits are fitted

If I wanted to choose a manufacturer I could get the desired support for parts plus a quick spooling Street turbo with a real 500 rwhp, what would you recommend plus take into account my car has 80K Miles; as a whole package what would want to do

I dont think I can choose a better option with a Syvecs and Ryan G as the Management System

My own personal choice would be

HKS Setup Kit

Garrett GT35R

K&N Air Filter

HKS in/ex 264° Camshafts

JUN Cam Gears

Turbo Blanket

Oil Cooler

OEM Toyota Oil Pump

Power Enterprise 650cc Injectors

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump

HKS Type R Intercooler

HKS SSQV Racing BOV + Flange

Boost Gauge

AFR Gauge

Oil Pressure Gauge

Fuel Pressure Gauge

HKS EVC Boost Controller

Power Enterprise Double Row Radiator (depending on condition of current rad).

NGK Iridium Plugs

Standalone ECU, Sensors & Harness.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)