The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop roof leaks and repairs

Digsy

Like a few other people on here, my aerotop roof leaks from where the seal around the front glass and A-pillars meets the side glass and roof rail. Sometimes it leaks on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes both, sometimes not at all.

Anyway, I'm fed up with having bin liners on my seatsm but I also know that at least one person on here has replaced all the seals only to find that the roof still leaked.

Has anyone successfully cured a leaky aerotop roof?

Sounds like a bit of a shit suggestion, but are you fitting the roof when parked on a level surface? My old aerotop would get leaks if the roof was fitted when parked on uneven ground. If I fitted it when on a properly flat surface, it was fine.

My roof leaks on the drivers side, only in really persistent rain, where I put some silicone grease on the 'joins', and the seams there, and that seems to do the trick for a while.

I had previously replaced the passenger roof seal, and that stopped the leaking altogether, so renewing them does appear to work. :)

Its leaked since the day I bought it. I've done the silicone grease thing, and I always make sure the car is level when I put the roof in. The seals seem to fit together perfectly, but somehow the water finds a way in.

I hadn't thought of adjusting the window height. I'll have to have another look at how the water comes in and see if it looks like that will help. Is adjusting the window height a simple job?