The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some ideas for interior lighting

Clarkey

Hi all,

Would like to fit some interior lighting ... need some ideas.

I've got a Red JSpec Supe ... standard black & cloth interior.

I'm quite keen on some LED interior lights. Maybe for where the yer legs go ... driver & passenger. Also maybe something to light up the rear spoiler section from inside of the car - would be nice.

But what colours do you think go with a Red car ... except Red :)

Would like some colour contrast.

Not keen on getting my dials done ... can't afford the £150 + fitting of the stuff.

And also does anyone know or is ... who can fit & supply these things. I've seen them from Miami or Litewave ... but was wondering if could get them from the fitter ... would save abit of hassle.

Cheers!

Guys who've done interior lights - can we get some pics up? :p I'm doing mine this weekend (if I have time) so I'll post some pics if I can. Green lights - black car. :)

With a red car - try yellow. I think they'd look hot. Up to you, but don't forget pics! :D

And with a silver car, blue would look pretty hot. Keeps that ice cool theme going - I like it.

BTW, with regard to wiring - it's easy really. I'm wiring in Fusion neons, which come each with a 1A fuse.

I've run a +ve red from the battery through the bulkhead above the pedals and a -ve from anywhere (went for an existing ground connection under the bonnet through the same hole as the +ve).

Take those into the car, get an in-line fuse holder and 4A or 5A fuse from Camberley Auto Factors or Halfrauds or wherever, wire that into the +ve and wire up your parallel circuit.

I'm going for four 8" neon tubes in the front foot well. Figured it'd be best to go for light in front and behind your legs. And I prefer the glow of neon to LED.

The Fusion neons come with self-tapping screws and adhesive backing. They won't be going anywhere. :D

Originally posted by Clarkey_Sparkey

I did think about red Paul .. but as you know my car is red anyway, so I wanted abit of contrast.

I'm after some nice chrome door sills ... prefer ones that say "Supra" on it. Do you stock them ?

No - not sure of the design

Give me a shout and we'll discuss

07939 111 877

Cheers

Paul