The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Double BOV, Run Single And Doesnt Run Correct. Pics Inclosed

a98pmalcolm

I recently fitted another BOV on my supe as i wanted one with a bit more wosh..

So a member contacted me and i bought it form him and recived it ok. Thanks :)

The BOV was fitted on a 90 degree IC pipe 6mm thicker than my IC pipes i had on my car. So i started cutting and fitting onto my car.

All went perfect without any probs and this was the out come:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4247/20101019002.jpg

Now problem im getting is the Greddy BOV Realises boost as i can hear it venting. Ok sounds like super cool turbo spool but its sumin i dont want it doing.

If i put the car at full load and keep the revs high as in. Foot rite down, change gear foot rite down again ect. It seems ok.

But if im in 5th gear and at 2000 revs or so and want a nice build pick up i hear the BOV venting again. Meaing wasting petol and loosing some boost.

As well as somtimes setting off in 1st with the pedal 1/2 way down it does it.

But it only does it sometimes. More often than it not though. So it is an issue.

With both BOVs on and the unused boost getting to the greddy one 1st that should be the 1st valve to go off. But with it slighlty venting the HKS one goes off. (quietly)

I thought it may have been something to do with it being double BOV and the vac pipes not getting along:

(one going off to the right goes to Greddy BOV)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/77/20101019005.jpg

So i desded to try it with just the Greddy one.

So i removed the HKS BOV thats i have always had. Blocked off were it was. And ran the single Vac pipe from the Greddy BOV.

Like so (sorry didnt take a pic so just scribled out what i removed):

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6295/adjc.jpg

So now i was running the single BOV fitted the way an IC mounted ones are fitted, should be fine.

But when i started the car it running teriable and all knocky and whining. It was dreadful. As if soming was seriously wrong! But all did was was block off were the HKS BOV was to fun the Greddy one on its own.

So i put the hks one back on along side with the Greddy one and all is fine again. Except when driving the Greddy one like to release boost at curtain revs with my foot down on the pedal.

Now what my question is, is:

1. Why is the Greddy BOV venting?

And

2. What the hell happend when i blocked off were the HKS BOV was to run just the Greddy one? Baffles me.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)