The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Sprint Series - Season Result

AlexM

I won! (Class C, NA >1600cc)

http://www.finkydink.co.uk/awards/smallalex.jpg

(I'm the taller one ;))

In only my second full year of doing any track days and car events, and after not doing particularly well last year, I somehow won 3 events, took two seconds, and had guaranteed myself first place before we even hit round 6!

I've thoroughly enjoyed my second year with the Toyota Sprint Series, and as well as improving my driving abilities have made some great friends. I hope to see some of you guys (mkivsupra.net members) next year, either supporting or competing!

Round 2 (Barkston Heath)

9Op_LKt7qAw

Round 3 (Sculthorpe)

bxjblK7ptoU

Round 5 (Woodbridge)

9sdFgdH11PA

well done mate,

i wanted to enter this but i had to fund shop my moving into a new premesis :(

how much did the season cost you alex? id love to be able to do next season

Im interested in this too. Did you drive to all the events? Did you have to attend all of them? Is my rubbish driving ability going to make it a pointless exercise or will it still be good fun?

how much did the season cost you alex? id love to be able to do next season

Did you drive to all the events? Did you have to attend all of them? Is my rubbish driving ability going to make it a pointless exercise or will it still be good fun?

There are 6 events in the year, and your top 5 results count toward your final score (i.e. you can drop your lowest result, or not attend one round at all). The cost of entry for each round is £100 (If you enter for the full season, it's £120 prior to the start, and £80 per round after, and if you choose not to attend a round you can re-sell your £20 reserve for that round). You can enter as few or many rounds as you wish, and may even get into just one event in the year as a 'reserve' (however the cap this year was 75 entrants per round, and season competitors get priority).

Costs outside of that are petrol, hotels (though some people drive there and back for every event), and car maintenance. That is going to be dependant on the individual.

I didn't do well last year, I ran on road tyres, was a complete novice, and prior to the first event had done only two track days (the second one two weeks before the first sprint!). I had fun, improved my driving, and met a lot of new (helpful) people - it was great (especially the last round, as almost everyone stayed at a designated hotel which had a nearby bar and great food! ;)).

Edited by AlexM (see edit history)

Congratulations, what was the opposition? Are you continuing with the same car next year, or having a change?

I'm carrying on with the same car next year, got a few minor things planned over Christmas but nothing major (the RZ-S daily is sapping too much money at the moment). I would love to jump up into the turbo classes and aim for 3rd overall, however I don't have the money available for that currently and if I did, I'd probably pick up an S14 for some drifting (and a possible BDC entry) on the side.

I'm not sure on the specifics of the opposition's cars, but my main rival was Jeff Lotts (Black Crow Racing, 2009 class winner) in his well prepared ST202 2.0GT Celica.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119071&d=1287494867

Craig Storey showed up to a couple of rounds in his freshly rebuilt V6 ST182 Celica, but was unfortunately unable to do the full season.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119072&d=1287494867

Ian Johnson was new this year and finished a close third to Jeff Lotts, and up until the last run of the last event was set to be class runner up, he was in a Mk2 MR2.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119073&d=1287494867

Adam Wright and Jamie Clare were a new entry in a Celica ST202 2.0GT. They kept their own event reports here. Jamie came second in the CCUK championship (based off of the TSS scores).

attachment.php?attachmentid=119074&stc=1&d=1287494933

Scott Briance competed for his 3rd year in his 1.8ST AT200 Celica, and despite a huge power deficiency put in some great performances - taking 1st in the CCUK championship. His father also joined in as a reserve for the last two rounds and had a great time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=119075&stc=1&d=1287494933

I've also dropped the total scores on the attachment list (one by total score, one by class then score), they're a little large to put into the post directly. :)

Jeff R6.jpg

Craig R4.jpg

Ian R4.jpg

Jamie R4.jpg

Scott R4.jpg

TSS_2010_Overall.jpg

TSS_2010_Class_Positions.jpg