The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had full geometry done with printout

Lude

just had the car done (just about got on the ramp so low lol)

the rear camber was awful, and the way itwas going through tires also was.

cost me 140 for the full setup (camber, caster, toe)

looks back to normal, and handled a lot better (was getting wobly feeling at high speeds.

heres the results. they couldnt get the front spot on tho somehow cant remember?

What is the difference between these geometry set ups.

My local guy has a ramp which gives a similar readout and he only charges £35 + Vat. He spent nearly an hour setting up my NA and that handled fantastic afterwards.

My TT is now being done on Thursday?

Am I missing something?

H.

What is the difference between these geometry set ups.

My local guy has a ramp which gives a similar readout and he only charges £35 + Vat. He spent nearly an hour setting up my NA and that handled fantastic afterwards.

My TT is now being done on Thursday?

Am I missing something?

H.

Full geometry setups are much more in depth than a laser tracker, depending on the machine. Our's has the ability to compensate for many changes like lowered suspension, rolling radius etc. We charge £45 for a standard setup and £100 for a custom one.

Full geometry setups are much more in depth than a laser tracker, depending on the machine. Our's has the ability to compensate for many changes like lowered suspension, rolling radius etc. We charge £45 for a standard setup and £100 for a custom one.

see £100 seems expensive but if the cars set up properly it can only be a good thing so money well spent

see £100 seems expensive but if the cars set up properly it can only be a good thing so money well spent

If you have ever had to do it you would know it involves a fair bit of work and testing and re adjusting to get the desired setup.

I did mikes (M5WTT) a while back and that took the best part of 2 hours to do properly although not much time for testing as we only work to 12 on a saturday.

Defo is you get through a set of rears in 2k miles as £300 a go....:blink:

I'll just stick with my normal guy, he seemed pretty in depth in his workings..!

H.

Its all good saying oh they charge this much bla bla bla but 90% of the time they just reset the factory settings and make a couple of extra adjustments to which they think will cure the problem.

There aint that many people out there willing to do a proper custom setup as its time consuming and expensive for the customer.

if the cars set up properly it can only be a good thing so money well spent

Definitely money well spent, a custom setup from someone who knows what they're doing makes a huge difference.

Anyone who has fitted new wheels, suspension or hasn't had the geo checked in a while should definitely consider getting it done.

i thaught that 140 quid was a lot,

but as my rear tires were wearing awfully quick on the inside, and the price of a tire, its worth it!

not just to make sure you have even tire wear, but it corrects the handling of the car,

mine was quite wobbly, its much more noticable & solid ride now.

plus the rear camber just looked a bit silly.

so any comments on my figures above? previous ones & after?

PS the owner of the garage said the machine cost 32k so im asuming a good job has been done lol

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

equiptment is only as good as the guy using it.

true.

have the figures to show whats been done, and the rears were 4 & 3 degrees initially! so im happy thats been rectified :)

you can just have the camber done, or the caster, or the toe, if you wanted to save money.

thaught id get it all done & glad now :)