The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dodgy afr ?

dr_jekyll

hello

i have just been for a thrash in my car to test some changes and i nticed my afr was miss beahving

the guage reads down to 11.1 on full boost initially then jumps to 22.4.

now am i right in thinking if my actual afr was 22.4 on wot the car would knock like mad and probabbly blow the motor after a full 2nd through 4 th pull? .

it was actually going pretty well and the engine was smooth all the way to the redline evan though it was staying at 22.4.

the afr guage in question is an innovate lc1 wideband

How did you re calibrate the sensor?

I have on occasion seen my old LM-1 X XD-16 gauge combo behave like this, only to revert to normal again, its very worrying,

However sometimes the sensors can become over sensitive to high temps and go a bit haywire, although i used to see some very odd readings of 50 something.

i removed it from the dp , cleand it , and pressed the calibration button it flashed the light at me for 10 seconds then went solid, i then put it back into the dp.

on the lc-1 22.4 is the leanest it will go so thats basicly reading no fuel if im understanding the manual

im just hanging onto the hope that if it was going that lean it would not run verry well or would have died after a hard drive. right?

Shame, the LSU 4 was a very reliable sensor. You could just swap the plug if the unit has a calibration file for them I suppose?

Actually i don't see why not, should be the same sensor but the plug contains a matching resistor i think, from what i remember, don't lambdas use silver wire so they either have to have the right solder or be crimp connected only?