The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will an N/A autobox ecu run a TT autobox?

Blackie

So what do i need? Just the tt autobox ecu or the prop as well?

The internals of the TT A340E are different, it has additional clutches plates and solenoid controls and a few other bits.. LOT of work to get it done....

Probably better off getting a NA one and upping the line pressure and reshimming.

TT autobox ecu (and the Na one) are part of the engine ECU.... If you were feeling REALLY brave I suppose you could piggy back the two together feeding certain signals, but I suspect that would be a nightmare.

You are confused? so am I ;)

Okay,

If you run an NA engine, you will need the NA ecu, part of the NA ECU internally is the gearbox controller. The NA and TT autoboxes are different enough to make interchanging them a waste of time.

HOWEVER if you are going TT swap then you will have the TT ecu (with the internal TT gearbox), so then that combo will work with the TT gearbox.

In short, NA engine will have to have NA gearbox and vice versa.

RIGHT, I have a tt engine coming with ecu, I got a tt gearbox yesterday. Am i right in thinking there is only ONE ecu for the entire car and not a seperate one for the gear box as i thought?

Yes, there is only one box of gizmos for engine and gearbox.

Make sure you get a loom with the TT gearbox as well as they are slightly different.

If you happen to have the TT and NA auto, see if the valve block from the NA will fit the TT box (check all fluid passages align and post some pictures). ;)

There are apparently some bits you can swap, but that would scare me, and with Al I'd reckon he would pass on that sort of operation... (I can just picture one of the shims flying out and belting him on the forehead :p)

There are apparently some bits you can swap, but that would scare me, and with Al I'd reckon he would pass on that sort of operation... (I can just picture one of the shims flying out and belting him on the forehead :p)

Yeah I think I will pass on that. So as Edge asked what prop would I need to join the tt autobox to my n/a diff. My na prop will fit I'm guessing?