The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Neil's project NA-300 build

Neil-NA

Right then i wasn't going to bother posting this but a few members have asked me to so here goes.

The car is a 95 NA manual and the goal is a 300BHP NA supra.

To start with i'm not 100% sure i can crack the 300 mark all i know is it is going to cost a fair bit trying to get there.

The build is not going to be a fast one as i'm expecting it to take a good year, maybe two or more if need be.

So a quick one to start with, so far i have an NA head which will get a LOT of work done to it and also purchased some throttle bodies off a 3.6 TVR speed six inc fuel rail, injectors etc, being proper individual throttle bodies means that it shouldn't be too hard to fit but time will tell.

Bottom end is fairly easy i think -

Custom Mahle pistons from Mr Whiffin

Crower rods (or others if similar price)

Knife edge crank.

For now i am sticking with 3.0 thought the thought of 3.4 keeps crossing my mind.

ECU will have to be the AEM, not sure any other work with the NA.

I will upload picks of the throttle bodies on Monday/ Tuesday as they are a thing of beauty :D and i will try to update the thread as much as possible, but nothing much will happen before the start of 2011, i know ive missed alot of info but atleast its started and i can now use it to keep track of my goals.

Cheers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you planning on spending on this?

AEM £1300 ish

Installing the AEM £?

mapping £300

short block build £3000+?

Throttle boddies/injectors/headwork £?

Labour £?

Cams £?

Uprated clutch £?

Sounds like an expensive way to get 300bhp, if it even makes that power.

People telling him not to bother are not allowed on this thread :p

Are you going to up the rev limit? That (coupled with the head and cam mods to support it) is generally the only way to get more power out of an NA without capacity increases. Or you could bump up the compression, will those pistons do that?

Get it revving to 10 grand :devil:

Undeniably true, but this sounds like an accepted outcome and it's more for the fun of the challenge and actually doing the work than just achieving a power goal as fast and cheaply as possible.

I reckon high revs would be ace, and 2JZ-GE short blocks are dirt cheap so who cares if a couple of them let go in the process :)

How much are you planning on spending on this?

AEM £1300 ish

Installing the AEM £?

mapping £300

short block build £3000+?

Throttle boddies/injectors/headwork £?

Labour £?

Cams £?

Uprated clutch £?

To start with i'm not 100% sure i can crack the 300 mark all i know is it is going to cost a fair bit trying to get there.

Rev limit will be raised and compression will be very high.

You would be better with a capacity increase if you can, but as said spend time on getting it to rev, good dynamic balancing will be imperative, with lightened crank and flywheel etc, and some suitable cams, if its going to be anywhere near 10,000RPM then you may need to rethink the ignition system as well, as I'm not sure that it is up to it or not?

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

There's a black 2JZ-GE running high power in the US with independent throttle bodies, there was a link to it posted on here a while back but I can't find it.

Found the article I was thinking of, the car is apparently running 305hp at 7.5Krpm with Toda high compression pistons and JUN valvetrain.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/10/07/car-feature-gt-gt-ysr-na-supra.aspx

ps. Correction the car is from Japan.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Found the article I was thinking of, the car is apparently running 305hp at 7.5Krpm with Toda high compression pistons and JUN valvetrain.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/10/07/car-feature-gt-gt-ysr-na-supra.aspx

I recall that one now :) I'm sure you put it up last time.

Someone on the forum selling a pair of those TRD seats too - maybe the price has stopped them being snapped up immediately.

Shame there's no RR graph as I'd love to see the curves

Lost me a bit there? i never asked about that, my question was budget.

I answerd you q with the reply i had put in the 1st post thats why i quoted myself under you ;)

The reply about revs and compression was to those that asked.

Tell you what mods, just delete the thread please, knew i shouldn't have started it :)

thers no reason why 300 or even 400 na power is not possible if you pocket are deep enough. im behind you neil all the best mate ,

lots of revs :) will sound awsome

just think about bmws m engines . i know a lad thats spent a little bit on his e46 m3 and it over 350 .

and dont delete the thread as i will be verry interested to watch how this progresses.

its not all about the cheapest way to make big numbers , i agree that sometimes its about exploring the unknown as an experiment more thanlooking for the best way to get the most power.

dont let people put you off mate , probably 95% of people told me not to bother doing my na-t as there were "better options" . but i did it anyway because thats what I wanted to do

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Wow there was no conversation last night inc throttle boddies look at you keeping plans secret, im all for this build neil but remember it will be expensive............ let us know if you ever need help with small gaps that those sausage fingers carnt fit in :p

I answerd you q with the reply i had put in the 1st post thats why i quoted myself under you ;)

The reply about revs and compression was to those that asked.

Tell you what mods, just delete the thread please, knew i shouldn't have started it :)

No need to throw the toys out the pram, im just asking what your budget is or what you expect to spend, i wish you luck with it.