The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It ready for Ryan to do his magic :-)

J_Supra_07

I'd imagine you'll get a conservative tune off Ryan because of the hot air you will be ingesting all the time, and those HKS filters are reknown for not really filtering anything so when you sort out the intake you might want to consider getting rid of it :) Watch your coolant temps on the dyno as well, the lack of fan shroud can apparently have quite an effect. Should be OK in the winter though.

Is there a reason why the cam gears are exposed? Having the cambelt open to foreign bodies is a bit scary, and the stock cam gears ain't that pretty :D

I'd imagine you'll get a conservative tune off Ryan because of the hot air you will be ingesting all the time, and those HKS filters are reknown for not really filtering anything so when you sort out the intake you might want to consider getting rid of it :) Watch your coolant temps on the dyno as well, the lack of fan shroud can apparently have quite an effect. Should be OK in the winter though.

Is there a reason why the cam gears are exposed? Having the cambelt open to foreign bodies is a bit scary, and the stock cam gears ain't that pretty :D

But apart from that, great job :D

Thanks guys as craig said there is a few things I am ganna tidy up and yes iam strongly considering changing the filter when I sort out the fans.

Few things I want to tidy up too. I plan on keeping it on the road most of next year to make all the big shows as it missd almost all of them this year.

A LOT of issues there, I don't think Ryan will like mapping that one bit. IMO You'd do better getting the problems sorted before you get it mapped rather than have it base mapped then need to be redone once the intake, cooling, throttle cable and reference lines are setup safely.

BTW, what turbo is that? The numbers on the compressor housing came up with a Cummins Diesel turbo :D

The rad is secure yes. I will look at Moving the filter on the weekend before I take it up. If it can be done working around the intercooler pipeing I will.

I will tidy up as much as poss before it gose to Ryan.

Thanks again guys.

Homer the turbo is a custom gs racing truck turbo made to fit a supra manifold.

Fast spooling and capable of 3bar. Not that I want to run that.

was it the hx35 or 40 and what was the cm2 on the hotside? both of those come originally with a t3 type fitment but i was just wondering if they have done any other mods. i've been looking at holsets too and i cant find a bad word about them anywhere as long as they're original (a lot of cheaper chinese copies on the market at the moment)