The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hks 264 inlet cam

RobD

My engines in bits at the moment and I've just saw jevansio's cam for sale, I'll be going BPU straight away with a single conversion in the future.

My question is would it upset the fueling if I was to buy and fit into my engine whilst at BPU, and would there be any performance gain on BPU at all?

It would be the ideal time at the moment to put cams in as like I said my engines in bits :)

I went from my old head 264/264 to the new one (supplied by JP with shims in) and the 264/264 went straight in within shim clearance, then when I snapped the 264, the jspec again went in within clearance, then the 280's again went in within clearance. I have heard the same story time after time with HKS cams. Although it's always worth checking in my short experience you must be damn unlucky to need a reshim when swapping in a set of HKS cams

EDIT sorry that story is a bit mixed (I'm drunk) up but suffice to say I have swapped 264/jspec/280 in the same head and the shim clearances were the same at all times