The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a intake manifold

Guest van_damme_supra

Guest van_damme_supra

i would like to add some bolt on mods to my n/a. but not without some good advice :) what do you think about this?

please don't say: buy a turbo.. maybe i'll do a conversion later but now i want to add some horses without a kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-2JZGE-2JZ-GE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-JZA80-/350404593572?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5195bdc7a4

Guest van_damme_supra

so it's no good? what would be some good bolt on mods then? have exhaust, exhaust header (not yet, but on his way), intake (not that it's a hp mod but still..) and that's it

so it's no good? what would be some good bolt on mods then? have exhaust, exhaust header (not yet, but on his way), intake (not that it's a hp mod but still..) and that's it

Best performance increase on an NA imho is probably weight reduction. Performance in a 2JZ-GE is not huge unless you spend big big money, and if you're looking at a chinese manifold I'm assuming you don't want to spend big big money.

Get the power:weight ratio improved, generally that's cheaper :)

Weight

Brakes

Suspension/geometry

Probably the cheapest ways to improve generally the performance of an NA

Guest van_damme_supra

i was just watching what they have on ebay. but still won't pay 2000 for a manifold for an n/a though. weight reduction.. i'm not going to buy carbon fibre doors if that is what you meen and i'd like to leave my seats in :p

i was just watching what they have on ebay. but still won't pay 2000 for a manifold for an n/a though. weight reduction.. i'm not going to buy carbon fibre doors if that is what you meen and i'd like to leave my seats in :p

It's the only performance mod which is truly free. Ripping everything out that you just don't need... then yes you need to spend to replace parts you do need (like doors) for lighter ones.

Brakes if you are on the standard 2/1 pot config would be good to upgrade - either bigger calipers or better lines/fluid/pads at the least. Later you can brake, the deeper you can go etc.

ok thanks guys :) looks like i know enough

Well if you're delaying going NA-T or NA-TT conversion, just think of what upgrades you can do now that'd still remain post conversion like suspension/brakes etc.

No point modding the engine bay if it's bits that are going to come out when/if you convert.

Guest van_damme_supra
Well if you're delaying going NA-T or NA-TT conversion, just think of what upgrades you can do now that'd still remain post conversion like suspension/brakes etc.

No point modding the engine bay if it's bits that are going to come out when/if you convert.

yes i just tought of that when i posted it :p