The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mis Firing Sup

Kammy

Hi Peeps,

My car (NA 5 spd) has just started to misfire when it is warm. It is only slight but still noticeable and causes car to judder when accelarating from low revs.

I've just had the car serviced and plugs changed so expect it to be the leads. My local Toyota dealer has quoted me £135.00 for a set of leads.

Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper from Toyota, a garage that offers members discount or any other reliable source. I have tried Paul from the club and waiting for him to get back to me but any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kam

just had same problem..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=193538

contact steve manning for parts, leads were £112..

the dizzy cap is easy to check m8, just 3 bolts, rotor arm is inside, and easily removable (if needs be) with 2 screws.. replaced mine which was corroded on the tip.. dizzy cap listed was wrong size so make sure you ask for n/a one rather than the TT part number listed in post..

The cables on N/As get disturbed when replacing the plugs anyways and the rubber gets brittle.

I had the same problem - Try contacting Keron on here, he did me a set of leads of a 77k N/A for £20, and toyota had quoted me either £96 or £196.. cant remember..

But either way give Keron a call he might be able to sort you out with some 2nd hand ones off a low milage car.

And off topic but im really liking them lights in the profile pic - that aint yours though is it?