The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side skirt question?

SupraD06

Hi guys, got a little bit of a problem, my car is currently fitted with Do_Luck rear quaters, and a Do_Luck front bumper, and i've got Veilside side skirts fitted, the problem is that im moving house and the skirts catch on the edge of the drive as i go over :( due to the shape of them as they get closer to the front wheels.

To be honest the Veilside skirts dont realy go with the rest of the car, and are not the most popular choice on this board anyway, SO which skirts would suit the car better? I dont want Do_Luck skirts as i dont like the fact that they cover up the vent in the side, and if possible i need the most straight skirts i can get. Any thoughts?

Pic of car as it stands now

Thanks guys. Quite like the look of the Blitz skirts, who can supply them and at what cost?

Dont want copys either.

They are knightracer copies. No idea where you'd get the originals. Maybe MVP?

Yup, just checked. Originals $788

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=2538&SearchYN=N

So £500 plus delivery.

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Hopefully whatever you replace them with won't have the same problem, maybe you should be looking for measurements from people with the other types of skirts to make sure mate. Wouldn't be the end of the world to take it all off and go for the stock look, your Supra's a stunner, it'd pull that look off well.

Hopefully whatever you replace them with won't have the same problem, maybe you should be looking for measurements from people with the other types of skirts to make sure mate. Wouldn't be the end of the world to take it all off and go for the stock look, your Supra's a stunner, it'd pull that look off well.

Good idea mate, think getting some measurements from others might save me the hassle of getting it wrong again. As much as the stock look is growing on me, i still love my Do_luck bumper and still have plans to add a few more bits and pieces yet.

Anyone got any measurements of their skirts from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the skirt?

You could put some wooden planks on the drive so it won't catch. Or raise the suspension a little if they are adjustable.

Yeah Nic, think ill have to put a plank down at the very edge just to give it that extra lift, the front went over 'JUST' but as i get to the skirts they just catch. I've got Tein super streets fitted at the minute, so might be worth just having a little play and try and gain a abit of clearance.

Cheers mate, looking at that pic of yours, they look like they will not only do the job, but will suit the car far better. The veilsides are to twisty and bulky and ruin the cars lines. Are your copys or are the originals? And if they are copys, what was the quality like?

Mine are copies from Paul (Whifbitz), they were a great fit and have been on the car a few years now. I've super streets as well, they're nowhere near the lowest setting, but I still need a flat trolley jack if I need to get the car up - just something to bear in mind if you're thinking about it. I imagine it's the same with most skirts if you've lowered the car as well so probably not much odds. I'll see if I can dig out a proper side on pic bud.