The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Road Tax Ireland

Jellybean

Currently in Ireland we have 2 bands, emissions or CC ; Older cars registered before July 2008 will continue to be have motor tax based on the size of their engine - the bigger the engine cc - the higher the tax.NEWLY registered cars in Ireland are now taxed based on their CO2 emissions instead of engine size

Supra Current Rate

Engine Size Annual Car Tax in € Euro

2,901 to 3,000 1,293

Emissions

Band G: cars that produce 226g/km CO2 and over - €2,100 road tax

Based on how seriously screwed Ireland is, we have a high probability the CC tax will be abolished in the Decemeber Budget and just emissions will be how they measuer tax; this will increase the Road tax a further 807 euro

If this happens I am selling up, cannot justify 2100 annual road tax never mind 1300 as it is. I presume most are of the same opinon plus dont forget the introduction of additional nationwide tolls getting rolled out :(

Is Ireland in that much of a bad state that that's how far they have to go to revive it? It's insane.

We are as bad as Greece maybe worse, we only have enough $ to keep the country goin till Q2 2011

if you work out our debth vs population of 4 million roughly everybody owes 1 million, the next budget needs to cut 3 billion which makes no sense as this doesnt even cover the interest on loans so it needs to be higher to 5 or 6 billion, which is impossilbe without damaging growth.

At least 20 years, to sustain interest re-payments, country will be FUBAR for next 40 years; my generation and my kids if I ever have any

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

The absolute worst thing about our "road tax" is that it isn't collected for the roads. It goes into the countries collective exchequer, our national debt is unknown if truth be told as reigning party's politicians here have a new inflated figure every few weeks. The country is absolutely buggered at the moment , I'd hate to think what the great Irishmen of yesteryear would think about the current blight.

It is going to go to the wire where the EU wil step in and we wont be drawing on our own budget but the EU will be dictating the cuts.

Its a sinking ship and going down fast and a 3.0 TT Supra will be on the hitlist

Politicians over here are too blind sighted to admit or foresee what will happen, there figures dont add up to cuts versus debths we owe based on what they told us, as Mark said the Debth figure is goes up each week

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I am back on Public transport, for all the unwashed

Pisses me off I am getting raped using public transport too, 65 euro a week to and from work (40KM) plus I get the benefit of a daily dose of Junkies and drunks getting argo with me over not giving them a euro while I wait

Sooner I get me a 400 euro Micra the better , its cheaper than public transport if you believe it or not

Move up north £215 for 12 months tax lol

On a serious note it's cheaper for me to book a holiday for a week to spain than it is to travel to Dublin 100 mile away for the weekend

You would be surprised how many times I considered that in the last few weeks plus close to SSI ;)

I really hope your wrong Carlo. I will never sell my supra but i won't be paying €2100 to tax it either.

I love it here in ireland but i'm really starting to think about moving back to scotland. The government here has lost the plot & that is a shame because it's a great country.

All we can do is hope they leave the only thing we can still enjoy (our cars) alone in this budget.