The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Productive Sunday

Stevo

Well, I'm very pleased we finally had some dry weather up here for once, which meant that I could get the car up to Hodge's yesterday to sort out some bits 'n' pieces.

* Fit new starter motor

* O2 sensors

* Begin to investigate issue I'm having with inaccurate speedo.

Huge thanks must go to Hodge for taking the time off from his own build to look at my minor issues. :thumbs:

I honestly do not know my way around a car at all, so it was great to not only get the above things looked at, but to also watch and learn!

Along the way, we also bled the air out of the power steering and cleaned out the coolant overflow which was full of crap (evidently the radiator needs flushing through). Also discovered that I have a non-oem fuel filter on there, which can't be helping matters (replacement to be purchased soon).

My speedo was just all over the place - reading in neither MPH or KPH! Hodge decided to try a spare clock from an Auto cluster and hey presto - I now have a speedo that works in Kph (at least until I buy a convertor). Whilst the dash was off (3 times), he helped tidy up the mess of wires behind there and remove some of the 'dead' stuff that led a non-existent amp that the previous owner must have once had.

Even the removal of the lower O2 sensor needed part of one of my manifold bolts to be cut off with an angle grinder.

So still a few new odds 'n' ends to get everything 100%, but all in all a nicely satisfying Sunday.

Top marks to Mr Hodge - really hope the intended business venture gets off the ground mate :)