The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody done the r154 conversion on a tt.

Baz018

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the process of fitting a R154 with a TT engine to my NA, you'll need a 1jz bellhousing 7mgte ( I think ) clutch and fly wheel, the front half of a R154 prop and rear half of a w58, slave from a r154 and the shifter extension!

What sort of price can you get the shifter extension done for? :)

there are people in the uk who will do the shifter for less, you just need to tell them how long you want it extending... i think you need the 7m prop mated with the mkiv prop. which could probably be where the 2" thing is from...

i know where you can get the bellhousing from if you need one

I got 3/4 there (i.e bought a R154 and bellhousing + prop), then decided it wasn't significantly cheaper than 6 speeda nd went the 6 speed route.

These are the costs:-

Used R154 £350

Bellhousing 31111-14110 £300 (based on buying new from Toyota with 15% discount)

Driftmotion actually works out more expensive with the current exhange rate and shipping

Light weight flywheel as I can’t find a stock one to buy £300 DW

Clutch DW Spec 3 £400

Slave cylinder 31470-14050 61.09 (Again try finding a used one)

Flywheel bolts 90910-02103 8 off £54.56

Clutch release bearing 90363-45012 or 31231-14040 £21.85

Sub Total £1487.50

Then to correct the shifter position

Shifter Fork 31204-14031 51.86

Shifter housing 33521-24040 19.52

Control lever 33570-24010 76.14

Total = £1635 then you need a custom prop making which will be approx £150 + the R154 joint

So its only worth doing if you can buy a used kit of bits which includes the main bits as you would still be missing the pedal and clutch master cylinder.

It makes 2.5K for a 6 speed seem more reasonable

Mate, just go to Toyota, stock flywheel is 170 quid, and I can give you an ebay link for a non gen bellhousing, 211 quid with free postage from Malasia.

Steve we need to discuss shifter extensions and filters :)

Still doesnt make it cheap, can you post the ebay link as I may do a 1JZ to JZ and would use R154 if I can get the bit cheap enough.

I have all the toyota part number if your interested

No its not cheap but its almost half the price of the Driftworks item and its OE quality :)

Ive got the numbers for the Toyota bellhousing but cheers anyway.

Heres the link for the cheapy cheapy :-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1jz-gte-2jz-gte-toyota-Supra-Bellhousing-r154-FREE-SHIP-/280563830286?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4152e84e0e#ht_500wt_1182

Rob, the cradle looks similar but not sure about the gear selection rod into the gearbox. I recently sold a W58 and looked at that myself.

no i know it wont put 3 on but would a r154 make any differance at all?

What im saying is a r154 will cost about 1500 to convert where as the 6 speed is about another grand but surely the car will be worth a grand more. I would sell my car for 5 grandish now so must be worth more with a getrag.

Not that im ever planning on selling it as there is no other car i want.

Yeah of course it would, theres not many 6 speeds about, and even less R154s. Most drivers prefer manual over auto boxes so it will be worth more than an auto to the right person :) As Ive said before Id urge any prospective 6 speed buyer to drive a car with the box in first.

Oh and FWIW the parts for the conversion to 6 speed are 2.5km thats minus labour. My 5 speed swap will bearly break a grand