The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh my god!!!

Guest Chrisember

Guest Chrisember

Finally got my decats and cat back installed today after a bit of a nightmare with the downpipe studs (but thats another story).

What a difference. It sounds amazing, but the power has significantly improved. I find the turbos really do spool up much quicker and I cant go WOT in 2nd gear on a bone dry flat road without the rears spinning up.

So in terms of BPU all I need now is the FCD, Boost controller, fuel pump and either new SMIC or FMIC. That however, will probably take me a year to afford and install bit by bit!

Anyway, absolutely loving the supe and a big thanks to the member on here for your decats, you know who you are!!

Guest Chrisember

Ha ha smoochies too!!!

Its UK spec so need for the restrictor ring. Yes I had forgotten about the plugs so thanks for the reminder!

Oh well looks like beans on toast until I've bought the FCD and fuel pump!!!

If this is the improvement just by fitting decat and cat back then I cant recommend BPU enough!!

Guest Chrisember

Yep agreed, dont want to risk the engine so will have to just avoid giving it the beans until I've got the pump. What do they retail at out of interest?

Yep agreed, dont want to risk the engine so will have to just avoid giving it the beans until I've got the pump. What do they retail at out of interest?

I'd fit a new OEM Toyota fuel pump (UK spec) as they flow more than a Walbro, but they'll be more expensive.

23221-46110 Toyota UK Spec Fuel Pump

GSS341 Walbro Fuel Pump - Note the fitment of the UK spec pump is different to the J-spec, this part number would fit yours.

Guest Chrisember

.....buying a supra has turned me into a bit of a saddo.....well a bit more of a saddo than I already was....I just went outside to start her up.....just to hear her howl!!!!! Music to the ears!!

Just thought I'd add that I bought the cat back from ebay. Cost me £130 quid brand new. 3" stainless and comes with a removable silencer. Absolute bargain and the quality is excellent. The guy was selling them a £200 buy it now but now seems to be auctioning them off. Here is the link if anybody is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-2JZGTE-TURBO-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ350402950631QQcategoryZ38786QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D350400542253%252B350400542253%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5058806138204459884#ht_1485wt_1139

Guest Chrisember

Bridgestones on the rear. The traction control kicked in big time so maybe the road was a bit dusty, it was right at a junction so maybe some crap there. Either way I'm very happy and there there is bags of tread left on tyres.