The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Lexus Wheels

SimonB

Ooooo I like those!

It doesn't look like the same car, before and after pics from the same angle would be interestig to see,

(BTW, There's nothing in the other post that you linked to)edit: Nevermind, the other thread is working again now

Originally posted by SimonB

Just had my new wheels fitted, beat you to it Chris! There's some more pics in this thread in the multimedia section.

These are the anthracite Lexus sport ones, I absolutely love 'em! :) :cool: :thumbs:.

STOP IT!!

You must be well pleased, im thinking of hanging mine on the living room wall as therye too damn good to subject to the elements.

Couple of weeks and mine will be on, ive got to get my race pads off before these go on. Way too much brake dust for such shiny wheels.

Them are the bollocky bollox of all bollox!!!!! I have found my favourite wheels of all for a supe now. Seriously fella they make your car look diamond. I know there are a multitude of aftermarket affairs available but apart from the chromed stockers I have yet to see a set of alloys float my boat til now. Does this mean you have a set of facelift centre caps I could purloin perhaps??

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Them are the bollocky bollox of all bollox!!!!! I have found my favourite wheels of all for a supe now.

Have you actually seem them on a Supra in the flesh Bry? They look even nicer than in pics.

Tell ya what though I would like that dish effect that the rears have on the front as well. I am sure recently there was a full set of the silver ones on ebay wasn't there? Well wheels are taking a back seat to nitrous, TT conversion, manual conversion, and if thats not enough single to double din in car entertainment system (pmsl)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Them are the bollocky bollox of all bollox!!!!! I have found my favourite wheels of all for a supe now. Seriously fella they make your car look diamond. I know there are a multitude of aftermarket affairs available but apart from the chromed stockers I have yet to see a set of alloys float my boat til now. Does this mean you have a set of facelift centre caps I could purloin perhaps??

Ha ha, flattery will get you everywhere, or at least a set of facelift centre caps! LOL! I was planning on keeping the old wheels and using them for track days etc, but a center cap swap could be in order I suppose...;) I guess you could get these ones and have them repainted or whatever in silver. I was a bit sceptical about the anthracite ones but they look really good in real life, the gray kind of sets off the silver of the spokes and makes them look thinner.

The dish effect on the rears is because of the offset. If you had that on the front the offset would be all wrong which would mess up the handling, and they'd stick out too. One of the advantages of these wheels is that they have the correct offset etc. Stock wheels are 50mm offset, these are half an inch wider and have a 40mm offset, so just about perfect.

Originally posted by SimonB

Ha ha, flattery will get you everywhere, or at least a set of facelift centre caps! LOL! I was planning on keeping the old wheels and using them for track days etc, but a center cap swap could be in order I suppose...;) I guess you could get these ones and have them repainted or whatever in silver. I was a bit sceptical about the anthracite ones but they look really good in real life, the gray kind of sets off the silver of the spokes and makes them look thinner.

The dish effect on the rears is because of the offset. If you had that on the front the offset would be all wrong which would mess up the handling, and they'd stick out too. One of the advantages of these wheels is that they have the correct offset etc. Stock wheels are 50mm offset, these are half an inch wider and have a 40mm offset, so just about perfect.

Cool I have nearly 2 sets of ye olde center caps so should have 4 decent ones amongst them. I knew the offsets etc were good that is one of the huge appeals of those wheels. The silver ones wouldn't look as nice on your motor as the anthracite do, down to the mettallic look, the anthracite have a mettalic look as does your gunmetal bodywork, however a painted silver look is just that a painted look and would look better with a flat plain colour. Probably look best on a flat black (ie no flip paint)

Originally posted by Willson

Your car is beautiful. Super suave :cool: :D

I like to think the supra looks good stock, but then you see some tasteful mods like on your car and it looks sooo much better. Well done !

Thanks, suave, I like that! :D

Originally posted by ChrisR

Simon,

I got totally caught up by the bling and forgot to ask how the wheels handled. What can i expect :innocent:

Well, I've only done a few miles, so I haven't even scrubbed the tyres in yet, but not much different to stock. The ride is perhaps a little harder with the lower profile tyres, but hardly noticible, and I haven't noticed any more tramlining or anything. I can't tell you about levels of grip etc yet...:thumbs: